The GTFTS Thread

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: The GTFTS Thread

Postby pirate_han » 04 Feb 2016, 06:22

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Treeb » 04 Feb 2016, 10:48

Dear A,

5:00 in the morning is not time to be wide awake and playing. Notice how everything is still very dark and how you are yawning? These are signs that we still should be sleeping!

Love, Mommy
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby bigcatmaniac » 04 Feb 2016, 20:54

KC - I am a total insomniac too. Last night couldn't sleep - baby started yelling out from about 2 am but I'd not beeen to sleep yet - ended up on the floor in her room holding her hand through the bars on the cot til 4:15 til she was asleep. Back into my bed - eventual sleep. Dd1 wakes at 5:30am, baby 10 mins later and its my turn to get up early with them. Aaarrrgghhh! I am my own worst enemy. Also s lot of tag teaming going on in our house - I swear they are in cahoots.
bigcatmaniac

Postby Kitcameron » 05 Feb 2016, 14:57

I do find I tend to sleep better when I have hot chocolate the night before and an early night. I think I still suffer from overtiredness as much as the girls do lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 04 Mar 2016, 23:59

I rarely need to be here but little Croc is a terror at the moment. Their cousin is staying and that was exciting, so exciting that she couldn't possibly sleep. If it's just the two of them I'd leave her to cry and be annoying because the puppy doesn't wake but cousin is a stroppy six year old only child so we had to remove her. Cue two hours of dancing around our bed while we pretended to sleep. Finally asleep after MrC got bored and left. Then wheb he came to bed a while back he took a photo of her that woke her. More crying for xyz things. Now in her bed crying on and off but wanting to be there.

Just gtfts little Croc and me.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Treeb » 05 Mar 2016, 06:41

Hope you all got some rest mp.

Our entire family is now awake at the lovely hour of 1:30am. L has kindly awakened us all by shouting increasingly loudly for mommy. I was on the couch with A, having fallen asleep nursing her. When dh went in to see what he needed L just escalated into louder and louder screaming for mommy and apparently tried to get out of bed to come find me, triggering dh to below at him to stay in bed/stop shouting, resulting in loud sobhing from L. A somehow managed to sleep through all of this but word up when I tried to put her in her bed.

Dh disappeared back to bed as soon as I showed up (awake A in my arms). It turned out that what L needed was his foot rubbed. Actual legitimate request since he has been having pain/tingling in his foot (weirdly located growing pains?) but should have been something dh could help him with. He also wanted to know why it was so dark, at which point I reminded him it is nighttime and time for sleep.

A has now nursed back to sleep and all else seems quiet, so if I'm lucky she'll let me put her in her bed and I'll get some sleep in my own bed. Hopefully we all get some rest and no more waking from L because tomorrow (today technically!) Is moving day!

Treeb

Postby mamapup » 05 Mar 2016, 07:21

Oh that sounds like a fun night, treeb. Hope you did get some rest. Good luck moving.

Little.croc slept until 5 when she came back in to our bed (what is up w this kid?) but the puppy and cousin both woke at 6 so not much sleep here. Gonna be a long day.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 05 Mar 2016, 08:35

SM woke last night several times, we seem to get s couple if good nights then a terrible night from her at the minute. I tried telling her just not go back to sleep from my own bed but she just shouted louder and louder and when I finally went through the reason she was upset? She wanted a little snooze. Argh. GTFTS then. She also woke later on shouting for a biscuit cos CM had chocolate. No she didn't, CM was fast asleep. It was 330 am.
Kitcameron

Postby Treeb » 06 Mar 2016, 08:01

Well I guess it's time for my nightly post here. :?

New house, new bed for A - not sure if that is a factor our not, but I've been up an hour with her and she will not settle into her bed. It's the usual story of her being sound asleep in my arms but as soon as I set her in her bed she wakes, started yelling, and attempts to crawl forward and bang her head into the wooden crib rails. My arm is killing me from holding her all day and the only place I have to sit with her right now is an glider chair.

Treeb

Postby Treeb » 14 Mar 2016, 09:29

Argh. :cry

Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 14 Mar 2016, 18:44

(((Treeb)))
Kitcameron

Postby Kitcameron » 16 Mar 2016, 13:38

GTFTS CM.

Wanted to try and get some extra exercise today and not use the ar for a five minute rip on such a lovely day so CM fell asleep in the sling on the way home from TinyTalk. She only had about 20 minutes and then woke up got home. Had about an hour up watching Stickman and having lunch and is now refusing to go back to sleep. If DH doesn't get home from work in time I'm gonna have to get her up in an hour to pick SM up from nursery, she normally has a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I also ant to go out and clear the garden up a bit so the kids can play out more often but gave no monitor now so not her to be asleep before I go outside (I will be popping in and out of the house to check on her don't worry lol)
Kitcameron

Postby StJuniper » 17 Mar 2016, 11:38

I think I'm going to start keeping ice water by my bed to bring with me when the boys call in the night. If it's a good reason, I'll take it back out with me, but if it's one of the numerous stupid reasons they can't seem to stop using this week-- "I thought my dresser was a fox," "I need extra water now so I can call you for an extra potty break at 2am," "I just wanted to yell incoherently in your face before going back to sleep," "I think it's morning despite the pitch dark,"-- I can dump it on them and leave.

If I parented based on my emotions vs my mind, this would 100% happen.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Kitcameron » 17 Mar 2016, 12:24

That's a great idea. Can I steal it?
Kitcameron

Postby StJuniper » 17 Mar 2016, 13:37

Feel free. I was thinking maybe a water gun would work even better...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts