The GTFTS Thread

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: The GTFTS Thread

Postby MamaKh » 11 Aug 2015, 22:32

Dear me
GTFTS
its been 2 hours and no one is keeping you up so why cant you? Arrgh!!!
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Postby StJuniper » 18 Oct 2015, 17:23

P. C'mon. You were up till nearly midnight last night, you need this nap. GTFTS.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Edward_Croft » 19 Oct 2015, 09:46

Gosh. I have to admit that I had no clue what GTFTS means and googled it :P
And to think I used to guffaw out loud at people who presumed LOL meant lots of love!
Edward_Croft

Postby Lily » 19 Oct 2015, 16:31

One forty-minute nap is not enough, Bee. You are only 6 months old. GTFTS.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Treeb » 21 Oct 2015, 06:59

Dear A, please GTFTS, and stay asleep IN YOUR OWN BED!!

Nearly 3 in the morning and so far she has only slept in her bed for about an hour at the start of the night. Of course she decided to wake up at 11:00 just as I was trying to get myself into bed. Then came an hour of her fussing any time she was put down but then falling totally limp and fast asleep in my arms the second I would pick her up, then put her back in bed only for her to fuss again, etc. Finally gave in and went to sleep on the couch with my feet up and her sleeping on my chest which got me two hours uncomfortable sleep. Then more trying to put her in bed, some nursing, diaper change, etc. She is now fast asleep in my arms again, so I guess it is time to go put her in bed and torture myself with more of this impossible cycle until I finally give in and fall back to sleep on the couch with her.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Treeb » 06 Jan 2016, 07:31

I'm surprised how long this thread has stayed quiet! Has everyone's little ones somehow turned into good sleepers?

I'm here with basically a repeat of my post up above from October, except tonight I had the added fun of L waking up screaming. He's all settled back in, but I still have these back and forth shenanigans with babygirl.

Treeb

Postby emzit » 06 Jan 2016, 10:26

Good sleepers! Ha!

I'm just resigned.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby StJuniper » 06 Jan 2016, 12:44

This morning I took R into my bed so at least P could sleep till 7 and he spent the whole time sobbing and trying to find my face in the dark so he could whack it.

Then he finally calmed down and we were cuddling peacefully, so P woke up and called me. The end.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby junglewonderland » 06 Jan 2016, 13:14

((StJ) It's weird how kids sleep turns to poo when you are pregnant. Hope it ends soon!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby yorkshirepudding » 06 Jan 2016, 20:48

Treeb, E is a nightmare, as I expected after Moo! She had a stunning 2 weeks (with an odd week in between) of sleeping through!!!! when she was about 15 weeks, since then all self settling, and sleeping, has gone out the window! I think teeth are waking her several times in the evening, she doesn't usually need to nurse but cuddles back to sleep, but then later, feeds and won't burp because she's asleep, won't go back in her cot, sleeps on top of me and I try and inch her off me onto the bed. That's usually at about our bedtime. Last night was quite good, only actually fed twice, I just want my bed back, it's a titchy double as that's all that will fit.

I think E and A are v similar, except A seems to be physically light years ahead!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby mamapup » 06 Jan 2016, 22:14

My kids both got out of bed twice after bed time tonight. Unheard of in our house. We had to be very strern and ignore the cute giggles as we don't want a repeat. I will not let bedtime get messy!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Treeb » 08 Jan 2016, 03:18

StJ, I hate when they play tag-team with morning wake ups. Happens all the time that I'll finally get A re-settled and maybe get to climb back in my bed for half a minute and then L wakes up (and of course it won't do for daddy to come in in the morning, it must always be mommy!)

Yp, every time I read one of your posts it strikes me how similar our two are! I wonder if it will continue as they get older and grow out of their babyness.

Mp, hope it was just a one off messy bedtime for you and doesn't get repeated

Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 02 Feb 2016, 23:57

GTFTS KC!!!!

SM is currently asleep, so should you be. You have been in bed for an hour and a half now, GTFTS.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby DandelionFrosting » 03 Feb 2016, 01:29

Sleeeeeeep to you, KC!

Dear Turtle's digestive tract,
3 AM is NOT a good time for poo. Get with the program here.

Dear Turtle,
I know you haven't been around here for very long, but it's about time you figured out that the "have to poo" alert siren is only really effective when it's not two hours before you are capable of producing said poo. When you scream and grunt and refuse to drink milk and flop around for two whole hours, there's nothing I can do to help you, so you may as well shush up and let us all sleep until you're ready.

Dear Turtle's nose,
I do not appreciate your decision to get stuffed up just after we all finally got to sleep.

Dear DH,
It was very, very considerate of you to make Saurus a Zilla peanut butter toast and leave it on the table for them so I could ignore them and sleep in this morning. THANK YOU.

Dear Saurus and Zilla,
You will note that the toast was left for you ON THE TABLE. If Daddy had meant for you to eat it in bed, he would have put it in bed. But he wouldn't do that, because people just don't eat peanut butter toast in bed!! Especially not while jumping. Especially not next to their sleeping mother.

Grrrrr.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby Kitcameron » 03 Feb 2016, 12:26

Oh (((DF))) I don't think I'd have had the patience to deal with peanut butter in bed after the Turtle poo drama too, and I think you're a much better wife than me for recognising DHs good attempt at letting you have a lie in, I'd have been cross with him for leaving sticky food instead, which wouldn't have been fair really.

Hope you get chance to rest a bit today.

I did finally get to sleep after I got up and had a walk around for a few minutes. SM had me up about 3am but I went back to sleep after that ok. Just makes me so frustrated when I feel like I'm on a countdown to when she will wake 'needing' something and I'm just lying there with my body refusing to fall asleep, despite being exhausted.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts