The GTFTS Thread

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: The GTFTS Thread

Postby MamaKh » 24 Jun 2015, 03:15

GTFTS!!!!
I want to, but what's the point?
Grrr
Mother of DS1 July 2012, DS2 Sept 2015
BF, Co Sleeping, Sling, EC, BLW, Active parenting, all inspirations and aspirations
MamaKh

Postby Kitcameron » 16 Jul 2015, 02:39

Both of you, GTFTS

CM Stop screaming and lie down
SM shut up and go to sleep, you've been up an hour and a half already and I'm so sick of your nighttime parties.

We are supposed to be going for a nice day out with friends tomorrow and you are both going to be shattered and grumpy and SM if you dare fall asleep on the way home I will tell N to poke you constantly until we get home.

Raaaaaar.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 16 Jul 2015, 05:55

Worst night ever. Little Croc vomited everywhere at bedtime, including down the inside of my clothes. Then wouldn't sleep. Demanded water, vomited everywhere again. Eventually fell.asleep at 10 on our bed. Up at midnight for more vomiting. Theb alternately screaming, demanding water (giving 10ml in syringe at this point) and mucking about. Wouldn't sleep. At 2.30 I gave in and chucked her in her own bed again. Surprisingly she slept. Argh. Am shattered.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 16 Jul 2015, 17:52

Argh, even worse MP, at least I didn't have vomit to contend with too.

Night weaning commences tonight, but which method to use?
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 16 Jul 2015, 21:47

Good luck. I have lots of opinions about night weaning ans generally two very compliant sleepers but I'm too tired. I'll come back to your thread when I can think.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby mamapup » 18 Jul 2015, 06:52

Argh. Little Croc didn't vomit last night. She had two horrendously vomity nights so no sleep for us. Then last night the puppy got it. I've never seen such a vomit. I happened to be in their room for a pre bed check on them when he sat up and vomited everywhere. Grabbed him and ran to bathroom. Managed to save carpet by aiming the next hurl down my top (again with the cleavage vomits) , got to the bathroom and caught my tshirt on the door handle so instead of the next hurl being in the sink or loo it was all over the bathroom. The floor was covered.

Handed him to mrc who jumped in the bath with him as they were both covered by this point. I did a quick strip and then ran around naked, cleaning the floor and stripping the bed. Brilliant. Did have a momentary giggle as I ran around looking for floor cleaner with my boobs out. Wasn't quite the Fri night MrC and I had planned.

Took the puppy to bed with us as he vomited all the way through to mattress protector and the last waterproof sheet so he couldn't sleep in his bed. After an hour of his toenails macheting in to my legs I gave up and slept on the spare mattress on the floor as couldn't be bothered to make the spare bed.

Argh. Three nights full of.vomit and suspect we have one more to go.

mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 18 Jul 2015, 19:04

Good luck MP. I hate vomitty nights, feel like I'm constantly on edge waiting for it to happen.

see my thread on night weaning for that update, I don't think here is the right place :D
Kitcameron

Postby yorkshirepudding » 18 Jul 2015, 20:07

Good grief mp that sounds impressive, hope there is no more tonight. Good job you had no late night visitors calling round!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby DandelionFrosting » 18 Jul 2015, 23:34

Poor all of you, and especially you!! Especially when you've just gone back to work! Sending anti-vomit vibes and hoping you get some extremely peaceful nights to make up for it soon.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby mamapup » 19 Jul 2015, 08:24

Thanks. Full night's sleep except for a mega poo explosion from little Croc. She now has worst pale, evil smelling diarrhoea ever. Four poos by 9.30 am and already back in bed for a nap at her request. Poor little thing.

mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 19 Jul 2015, 18:12

Yey for a full nights sleep and I hope she's feeling better now
Kitcameron

Postby Treeb » 31 Jul 2015, 09:40

Dear baby A: please GTFTS!

What happened to my lovely baby girl who would sleep all night besides quick wakings to nurse? For one thing these middle of the night giant poops need to stop as they aren't helping either of us stay nice and sleepy. And I know you're still pretty new to this world, but 5:00 am is not the proper time to be wide awake cooing and smiling. A big hint is the fact that the lights are all off and the sun is not yet up in the sky! So please GTFTS so that maybe your tired mommy can get another little sliver of sleep before your brother wakes for the day!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Treeb » 02 Aug 2015, 10:04

Me again.

It's 6:00 and I've already been up for more than an hour with A smiling and cooing and generally being happily wide awake. She seems to be finally getting sleepy again now, so I'll be able to go get back in bed for 30 minutes (an hour if I'm lucky) before L wakes up. Not sure if I can even fall back asleep at this point though since I am now also wide awake plus the sky is starting to get light. :(
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby EnigmaFish » 02 Aug 2015, 22:28

<tiptoes quietly, reluctantly, into this thread>
My amazing sleeper, Kleintje, has just resisted going to sleep until after 10pm. I know it's not that late, but she always puts herself to sleep at 8. Tonight, she kept defiantly insisting that she wasn't tired. I really hope this isn't a sign of things changing.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby CaelaCoo » 03 Aug 2015, 08:50

I know molly is only 2 compared to your 3 year old but we have a strict bedtime policy.

If we asked molly if she wanted to go bed she would usually say no...so when it is time for bed she has to go. If she doesn't want to sleep fine, she can just lay there but no bed time is bed time regardless.
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts