The GTFTS Thread

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: The GTFTS Thread

Postby Kitcameron » 29 May 2015, 20:10

SM was put to bed at 7.30. In the past hour and a half she has gotten up no less than six times for a wee. I think it's time to a) stop letting her drink and b) stop letting her nap ever. Whoever thought potty training was a good idea?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Kitcameron » 08 Jun 2015, 04:26

...and stay asleep.

CM is really struggling to settle after a feed tonight. She wants milk, falls asleep, then wakes up crying and wanting more milk ten minutes later. I suspect trapped wind but I can't get it out of her no matter what I do. Just want to go back to bed and be allowed to stay there for a couple of hours now.
Kitcameron

Postby lizandimo » 08 Jun 2015, 04:43

(()) Hope you both get back to sleep soon
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby Kitcameron » 08 Jun 2015, 05:48

We had about another half hour before she woke again and I gave up. She was obviously awake by then whereas previously she'd been trying to go back to sleep. I'll try and take her out in the car after dropping SM at nursery and hope she has a decent nap then.
Kitcameron

Postby yorkshirepudding » 08 Jun 2015, 07:00

:( KC (())

Don't know what was going on with Moo last night but he was crying for me 3 times between him going to bed at 8.30 and me trying to go to bed at 11. Ended up with him in with us at I don't know what time, still kept waking and shouting and kicking, including me in the bump which he got growled at for. He often says he's hungry when he wakes but then does go back to sleep so I don't know if he is or not. Drives me mad when he won't eat any dinner then says he's hungry! Then awake nice and early demanding cars in our bed which he drives all over us until I have some pity for oh who has to go to work and bring him downstairs. Just urgh, tired. Have been trying hard not to have him in our bed in prep for baby arriving. He is a bit snotty so if that develops at all he's having calpol tonight!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby FestiveTidings » 08 Jun 2015, 19:20

I think it's the bump YP, they sense their work is about to tilt and it unsettles them. Roo had really unsettled nights and in the end I brought him in with me and kicked DH out to the single bed so we could all get sleep. Poor DH hasn't made it back in yet as I now cosleep with both boys!

Everyone I know who has been expecting a second has mentioned distrusted sleep.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby yorkshirepudding » 08 Jun 2015, 20:10

yeah maybe FT, thanks for the reminder, I know I've read it on here about other people. He is snotty so if he wakes up he's getting calpol straight away tonight! Need to make the bed up that's in his room so oh can go in that with him. Unfortunately Moo is not a good bed mate and anyone sleeping with him doesn't get much sleep as he thrashes around so much!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Kitcameron » 08 Jun 2015, 21:30

Sorry to hear this. Hope you have a better night.

SM took hours to settle tonight and kept getting up and shouting for me and crying etc.

But CM didn't wake til gone 10pm which is a step in the right direction. I'm typing this as I feed though so wish me luck for her actually staying asleep.
Kitcameron

Postby Kitcameron » 10 Jun 2015, 00:18

This is completely and utterly ridiculous.

I go to bed and less than an hour later one of them is crying for me. I'm shattered and just want to cry. I have a very strong urge to just walk out the door and sleep in the car, but I know I'd never do it don't worry.

Dh has been in bed since 6pm and I just want to smack him.
Kitcameron

Postby yorkshirepudding » 10 Jun 2015, 18:23

KC ((big hugs)). Wish I could give you some sleep. Will SM settle for your DH, can he do some of the night work? I really feel for you, I resent my OH never even hearing Moo at night when I can be up several times and I'm still the one to get up with him on early mornings, and I've only got one at the moment! Hope you got chance for a nap today.
yorkshirepudding

Postby Kitcameron » 10 Jun 2015, 19:02

SM would settle for dh I think and whilst I do resent him getting so much more sleep I also dot like to wake him as he's already struggling with feeling exhausted all the time due to his anxiety.

I burst into tears not long after writing that post though and he did hear and came to help. In the end he took CM out on the car for two hours just so I could get some sleep. When they got back I had to feed her again to get her to settle but she then slept from 4.30-7.30. SM woke at 6am and 7am of course lol.

I think I always feel that if I've woken up anyway I may as well deal with the issue if it's SM as she's usually pretty quick to settle so why bother waking dh and having both of us tired.

Met up with a friend for breakfast and she offered to have SM this afternoon so I managed to have a rest whilst CM was asleep. I'm no good at sleeping in the day though and I just ended up lying in bed thinking of things I could/should be doing.

Fingers crossed, prayers and best wishes for a better night tonight all greatly appreciated.
Kitcameron

Postby yorkshirepudding » 10 Jun 2015, 19:27

Bless you, sounds non-stop at the moment. Yeah I can understand you wanting to care for your DH by doing the night shift but maybe if you knew you would have 2 nights a week or something when SM was his responsibility, or if he did her wake ups up to 2am some days, it would give you a bit of a break and feel like you were sharing the work more. And yes, it's so annoying that you will wake up anyway when one of them cries/ calls and you'll probably have to wake him up, but maybe over time you would get better at going straight back to sleep knowing he will deal with her.

Depending how long CM naps for, when you get chance to nap what about doing 1 little thing off your to do list for 10 mins, then making having a sleep a priority, might stop you thinking you should be doing other stuff, although I know that's hard! But really sleep is a big thing you need to be doing.

If DH is not in bed yet how about making a plan for tonight with him doing some SM settling? xx
yorkshirepudding

Postby Kitcameron » 10 Jun 2015, 20:54

He's very good at doing weekends if I need them, we have a sort of unwritten rule that he does at least one morning at the weekend and then I feel much better getting up however many times in the night cos I know I can have a lie in. Last weekend he did both mornings as I'd had rough nights with the girls and was in such a foul mood Sunday morning. The stupid thing is I usually get my lie in on a Saturday and that's the day both kids decide to lie in til 7.30ish at least, or have a really good night so it would be better me getting up then instead of the Sunday morni when they're bound to be back to normal lol. Think it's Sod's law though, if I said I was doing Saturday morning that'd be the tough one instead. Think my rest this afternoon has done me a lot of good as I'm obviously still awake, even if I didn't actually sleep. Trying to keep to routine as much as possible to persuade CM to sleep better and also I wouldn't sleep whilst it was light anyway, we really need new curtains with blackout linings.
Kitcameron

Postby StJuniper » 20 Jun 2015, 10:18

Boys spent several hour last night on bedtime shenanigans, despite both being exhausted from Thursday night's FRICKIN' BEDTIME SHENANIGANS, which I can just about deal with despite feeling like I get no evenings but now R has woken P at 5:45am. They're going to be brutally grumpy all day, which means they're going to be unreasonable and overtired by bedtime which means it's probably going to be a struggle to get them to sleep AGAIN tonight... R is lucky I gave him nice milk when he woke this stupid morning instead of just smashing the nearest smash able object and running screaming out of the house to find a hotel somewhere to sleep at.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby sabrina fair » 20 Jun 2015, 19:01

I'm sorry stj but the end of your post made me laugh so much - that's exactly what I feel like doing when sqidge wakes me up at crazy o'clock!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts