For those who are forced to watch CBeebies...

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: For those who are forced to watch CBeebies...

Postby sabrina fair » 09 Sep 2012, 19:17

Chris? Really? I find him a bit weird. Not creepy weird, just weird weird. And not at all attractive. I definitely think that Mr Bloom's the best of the bunch.

I really want to slap Katy - with her bizarre scrunched up face that looks like she's squinting into the sun all the time. Rahhh. Oh, and don't get me started on the hideousness that is that quiz/race show (can't remember the name) - the presenter is awful.
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby QuiteBigMincepies » 09 Sep 2012, 19:25

This thread is hilarious! You've all made me giggle lots :D

skip wrote:And Katy from I can cook is obviously the worst of the bunch.

It's her incredibly fake laugh and the way her mouth moves like some kind of freakish marionette when she does it.

I too abhor the Rhyme Rocket with every fibre of my being and yes, that quiz show thing is just.bizarre.

While I quite like watching Mr Tumble, Justin is a bit weird. Can't put my finger on it. I think it's the old school panto clown thing he's got going on.

As for who's hot... Er, no one?!
QuiteBigMincepies

Postby DustyMcBrush » 09 Sep 2012, 19:37

Dp has an actual crush on Katy which I find more than a bit worrying. Not sure what it says about his taste! Mr Bloom is definitely the best of a bad bunch, though i did once have a soft spot for Andy. Slim pickings though!

Is it just me who thinks rastamouse is pants?
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby Weeble » 09 Sep 2012, 20:11

Pui has definitely had her baby, saw her at the Chris and Pui roadshow today. No baby in that lady :wink: . Quite surprised by how much grey Chris has in his hair.(although I like him, he's no Phillip 'silver fox 'Schofield) E loved,loved, loved it btw.
Mummy to E (04/09) and G (11/11)
Weeble

Postby gingerbreadhouse » 09 Sep 2012, 20:51

Mr Bloom, no way. Urgh. Justin - tolerable in Something Special, but Justin's House and Gigglebizz should be stopped, all tapes wiped and never ever remade. Katy - you can't cook. You can't act either.

I quite like Chris and Pui, and think Show Me Show Me is a nice, gentle programme.

Anyone remember Chris Corcoran? He presented Doodle Do. He's the best looking and funniest of all the CBeebies presenters.
Mum to two gorgeous girls and one bouncing baby boy.
gingerbreadhouse

Postby Morlyte » 09 Sep 2012, 20:57

Weeble wrote:Quite surprised by how much grey Chris has in his hair.(although I like him, he's no Phillip 'silver fox 'Schofield) E loved,loved, loved it btw.

He is nearing 50 I think??
Mamma to Joe (Jun 07) and Noah (Jan 11).
www.lunchboxdinners.blogspot.co.uk
Morlyte

Postby blackberrycrimble » 09 Sep 2012, 21:15

I don't fancy any children's tv presenters. Mr bloom is creepy.

CP you made me laugh a bit about J having moved on from cbeebies. fluff is nearly 5 and still happily watches it but with school I guess that is about to change. She doesn't know that there are other tv channels, she thinks it is cbeebies and 'the news'. Interesting exchange with another small girl in John Lewis when we are getting her school shoes

Small girl (hugging shiny shoe) 'are you getting lelli Kelly's too?'
Fluff <blank look>
me: 'I'm afraid absolutely not'
My peas are gone as well as my marbles.
blackberrycrimble

Postby Eli » 09 Sep 2012, 21:20

Anyone remember Chris Corcoran? He presented Doodle Do. He's the best looking and funniest of all the CBeebies presenters

I miss Doodle Do, the programme not the guy though.

Otherwise I really don't get what you all see in them.
Rhyme Rocket makes me want to claw by brain out, Munchkin loves it and sings the theme.
Justin is also dreadful, and getting steadily more rotund, or is it just me?

I'm currently desperately rationing TV time as the kids are much nicer without it. Thankfully Mr Man will accept Postman Pat on replay or disk. I can tolerate that and wierdly doesn't wind him up as much.

You may be alright bc, Munchkin still wants beebies and shes 6 in Nov.
Eli

Postby skip » 09 Sep 2012, 21:26

fullhouse wrote:Anyone remember Chris Corcoran? He presented Doodle Do. He's the best looking and funniest of all the CBeebies presenters.

Oh yes, he was kind of lovely...

And ugh, kerwizz is like some awful vision of the future in a Ray Bradbury story. Rastamouse is really dull and grandpa in my pocket makes me want to throw a first world tantrum in waitrose...
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby skip » 09 Sep 2012, 21:29

Aaaaargh just remembered what the worst one EVER is.....

Dirt. Girl. Fucking. World. Stuff of nightmares. Or excessive magic mushroom consumption. Because her freaky detached mouth was exactly the kind of thing I saw whilst having a rather nasty trip once... :oops:
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 09 Sep 2012, 21:48

Skip, yes! Dirt Girl World is like a reaaaally bad trip :? she's just so freaky.

I think Mr. Bloom is lovely, and I quite like Andy and Sid too. I like men with longer hair!

I also have a weird sort-of-crush on Twigs from Tree Fu Tom ( :oops: ). Well, his voice anyway.. DT.. lovely!
Mummy to the Ragamuffin since 01/07/09 and the Small Boy since 30/07/11 ♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby Morlyte » 09 Sep 2012, 21:51

I LOVE Rastamouse, it creased me up the other weekend when someone had teefed a brooch! It makes me chuckle to hear these phrases in a kids programme, I love it!
Wah gowaan? :D
Mamma to Joe (Jun 07) and Noah (Jan 11).
www.lunchboxdinners.blogspot.co.uk
Morlyte

Postby hiann » 09 Sep 2012, 23:16

fullhouse wrote:Katy - you can't cook. You can't act either..

You cant sing either.

Now ladies, if you want a bit of eye candy on cbeebies and other kd channels, try Sportacus from Lazy Town. Yes his fake moustache is yuk but hot bod and google him! Some nice black n white pics online!
DS 18th Dec 2006
DD 30th Jan 2010
hiann

Postby CherryPop » 09 Sep 2012, 23:25

bananacustard wrote:I don't fancy any children's tv presenters. Mr bloom is creepy.

CP you made me laugh a bit about J having moved on from cbeebies. fluff is nearly 5 and still happily watches it but with school I guess that is about to change. She doesn't know that there are other tv channels, she thinks it is cbeebies and 'the news'. Interesting exchange with another small girl in John Lewis when we are getting her school shoes

Small girl (hugging shiny shoe) 'are you getting lelli Kelly's too?'
Fluff <blank look>
me: 'I'm afraid absolutely not'

Unfortunately it was a combination of bloody nursery showing Dora et al during their 20-minute-TV sessions, the entire world's obsession with Peppa Pig and Nick Jr being one channel up from CBeebies (accidental finger slippage) which meant that he got hooked, and due to DH's illness I didn't have the energy or the heart to stop him watching and Nick Jr kept him occupied for longer than CBeebies did :oops: ! And I had all best intentions before then - I was so proud of him being unaware of Peppa Pig when he was over two, I think.

hiann wrote:Now ladies, if you want a bit of eye candy on cbeebies and other kd channels, try Sportacus from Lazy Town. Yes his fake moustache is yuk but hot bod and google him! Some nice black n white pics online!

Mmmmm Sportacus. I was just sorting out the DVDs yesterday and came across a random free Lazy Town DVD - I tried to persuade Jacob to watch it just so I could marvel at Sportacus's impressive ... tumbling skills :D
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Postby supermansmum » 10 Sep 2012, 05:41

Mr bloom gives me the creaps....that accent seems so so fake!!! My friends worked at and apparently justin is lovely but he drives me bonkers and mr maker is married to a programme boss or something hence he is in everything (well mr maker and grandpa)

For me it would be makka pakka or Eddie from chugginton ;-)
Mum to two Supermen - Aka D Jan -09 & E March-11
supermansmum

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts