Amber teething necklaces/anklets

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Amber teething necklaces/anklets

Postby madcatmummy » 17 Aug 2012, 14:41

Loving it! The last 6 teeth to cone through have required very little extra intervention and I recommend them to anyone who is having a tough time with a teething child. I can't believe what a difference it's made!
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby FestiveTidings » 17 Aug 2012, 20:14

VP (or anyone else willing to show me their airy fairy side) tell me more about Amber for depression. I tend to get large hormone fluctuations now that i am unmedicated and these cause some real humdinger black dog days.

Would amber help me keep an even keel?
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby VanillaPickle » 17 Aug 2012, 21:15

There are a number of crystals (that you can buy in jewellery form) that may well help.

Amber - has strong connections with the earth and is a grounding stone for higher energies. It's a powerful healer and cleanser that draws disease from the body and promotes tissue revitalization. It cleans the environment and the chakras. It absorbs negative energies and transmutes them into positive forces. A powerful protector. Psychologically Amber brings stability to life but also motivates, and can help to counteract depressive tendencies. It promotes a positive mental state bringing balance and patience. It should be worn for prolonged periods especially on the wrist or throat.

Citrine - is a powerful cleanser and regenerator. Carrying the power of the sun it is a very beneficial stone. It is warming and energizing and one of the crystals that never needs cleansing. It absorbs, transmutes, dissipates and grounds negative energy. It raises self-esteem and self-confidence and removes destructive tendencies. It helps you to develop a positive attitude and to look forward optimistically. It is excellent for overcoming depression, fears and phobias, promoting inner calm. Wear on fingers or throat in contact with the skin.

Moonstone - a stone of 'new beginnings', strongly connected to the moon. Its most powerful effect is that of calming the emotions. It is a very feminine stone. It soothes emotional instability and stress, and stabilizes the emotions. It provides deep emotional healing. It is supposed to be very balancing of the hormonal system. Wear as a ring or place on the appropriate body part. Women may need to remove Moonstone at full moon.

Now it depends on how airy fairy you want to be but you should let the crystal *choose* you - ie. buy them in person, take your time, touch them, feel them, be open to being drawn to a particular stone.

Personally I would then cleanse the stone before wearing. Again depending on how airy fairy you want to be there are a number of ways you can do this.

Water cleansing - can be held under running water or immersed in the sea or in salt water. As you do so, hold the intention that all negativity will be washed away and the crystal reenergized.

Sun/Moon - placing the crystal in the light of the sun or the moon reenergizes the crystal as long as they are not ones that will fade in the sun (citrine fades).

You can smudge crystals or pass them through the light from a candle. You can also visualize them surrounded by light which purifies and reenergizes them.

Basically however you choose to do this you need to use visualisation techniques/meditation, positive intention. (you will find a lot of information on line if you want to investigate further).

Aromatherapy wise - Sweet Orange and Geranium essential oil blend is FABULOUS for emotional and hormonal balancing. Sweet Orange is uplifting, anti-depressant and generally just lovely. The two together are very special. Neals Yard Remedies do a whole range of products using this blend. Alternatively PM me and I can make up a blend and send instructions on how to do it yourself going forward.

Really I suppose it's all about focusing positivity and using props (crystals/stones) to aid you to do this.

HTH!! :D

<skips off to plan my next full moon crystal cleansing party>
♥ Handmade & crochet items & gifts - CraftsByFenella ♥
★ currently available via https://www.facebook.com/CraftsByFenella
VanillaPickle

Postby FestiveTidings » 18 Aug 2012, 19:07

Wow VP I am VERY impressed with your knowledge on all things airy fairy!

I'm going to give amber a go (hoping it might help with some other niggles too) and see where it takes me!

If I feel an extra boost though I'll be in touch about that blend.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby squirt » 28 Aug 2012, 02:36

S got his top teeth. They came through and I did not even notice. Yes he's been a little whinchy, and waking often, but nothing compared to the two weeks of intense crying we had with the first teeth.

Happy to blame this difference on the amber necklace alone!
squirt

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 28 Aug 2012, 06:13

Crumpet also keeps sprouting molars without me noticing. I got her an amber necklace because the 8th bottom front tooth seemed to cause so much grief coming through, although I hadn't realised it was actially accompanied by a molar! No idea whether the necklace makes that much difference because I still seem to be giving calpol/nurofen regularly before bed but sleeping has generally been a lot better when the last 2 molars came through. Normally I wouldn't subscribe to such things but she looks very cute in the necklace too and isn't even bothered by it in the slightest so I am happy to keep giving it a go.
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby MissKitty » 28 Aug 2012, 08:39

I am so going to go straight off and buy one for LO! Thanks to squirt and Crumpetsmum for popping this at the top of the thread list at the right time for me to be reminded!!! LO just got his first batch of molars, and within weeks the teething has started again, but with not a sight of which delightful teeth are coming through next :(

Amber it is...
Mommy to a June 2011 LO
MissKitty

Postby Rosella » 15 Sep 2012, 08:06

Any idea where we can get these from now - Amber Pumpkin don't seem to be selling any more and we have lost ours :(
Mum to Miles Nov 2011

Independant Consultant for The Pampered Chef - http://www.facebook.com/HollysPamperedChef
Rosella

Postby DustyMcBrush » 15 Sep 2012, 08:58

my friend just bought one from little acorns to mighty oaks its lovely and came the next day
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby madcatmummy » 15 Sep 2012, 19:00

Ours came from Amazon. They're all from Sellers via Amazon iyswim, so there's a lot of choice on there (and you could click the link from here!) ;)
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby squirt » 17 Sep 2012, 12:19

more teeth, I didn't even notice them until they were through. He's now got 4 on top and 2 down the bottom, but I won't be surprised if there will be 4 tomorrow.
squirt

Postby amberbuddy » 05 Jan 2016, 10:58

Amber - has strong connections with the earth and is a grounding stone for higher energies. It's a powerful healer and cleanser that draws disease from the body and promotes tissue revitalization. It cleans the environment and the chakras. It absorbs negative energies and transmutes them into positive forces. A powerful protector. Psychologically Amber brings stability to life but also motivates, and can help to counteract depressive tendencies. It promotes a positive mental state bringing balance and patience. It should be worn for prolonged periods especially on the wrist or throat.
amberbuddy

Postby Guarana88 » 28 Oct 2016, 11:32

Ok so these amber bead necklace/anklets that kids are wearing aren't nearly as hippie as people think and they actually do work which is why they are becoming so popular. The beads are made of real Amber and as they warm against the skin the acid from the Amber is absorbed and reduces inflammation. When you look in to you babies mouth and see their usually swollen gums no longer swollen it's pretty obvious that it does indeed work. If you wonder [url=http:/.co.uk/amber-teething-necklace/][color=#000000]where to buy amber teething necklace[/][/URL url] or anklet you can search on google and you can buy online or from jewelry shop. The beads are not meant to be chewed on so they can be anywhere on the skin so if you are uncomfortable with your baby wearing a necklace you could get an anklet. If you do decide to use the necklace then make sure it is short enough that it doesn't stick out passed their chin. The case where the little girl got her arm stuck in the necklace was because the necklace was way too long. Also most of the necklaces offer a break away clasp so if somehow your baby was choking themselves with the necklace the clasp should just break open. We use an anklet at night under her pjs and a necklace during the day so I can be sure it's safe to wear. People all over use Amber to treat inflammation. I know lots of adults who wear Amber for arthritis and back pain. Just know this isn't some magical necklace to fix all your problems. It's science based and helps my DD not drool so much while teething.
Guarana88

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts