My Uncensored Facebook Status Update - March

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: My Uncensored Facebook Status Update - March

Postby skip » 22 Mar 2012, 09:01

Hair sounds great, Nori.

(((Ives))) sounds like you were having one of those days, hope today is better.

Skip has only been up 3 hours and already wants to sell her oldest son. In the space of time it took me to wash my face and brush my teeth, he dumped out my box of buttons all over my bed, then pulled out every single book in his bookcase all over his bedroom floor. He threw a tantrum because the shorts he wanted to wear were in the wash. He threw the clothes I'd brought him instead behind the telly. He (accidentally) knocked his cereal all over the floor. He wouldn't stop shouting and singing at the top of his voice while I was on the phone to the doctor. He yelled up the stairs repeatedly when I was trying to put R down for a nap so that got scuppered. Now he won't stop yanking on me/R while I'm trying to get him to sleep in the wrap. I'm trying to get a few hours of work done so I can justify taking him to a toddler group, but tbh I just want to tell him to bugger off and lock myself in the office upstairs. :(
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby skip » 22 Mar 2012, 09:02

And I realise every single one of those things was because I wasn't focusing my attention on him - I get it - but it's this stupid vicious cycle that then makes me NOT want to spend time with him. ARGH.
skip

Postby Pics » 22 Mar 2012, 12:16

Skip, sometimes the reason is not relevant. I know that iona us just enjoying exploring, but it doesn't make the feeling of horror any less when I realise that I have twenty more minutes if cleaning up to do.

Pics thinks she might be out of the sling business if the insurance renewal that has just come in stands. Up from under 100 to 500!
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
http://www.slingtastic.com
Pics

Postby oriel » 22 Mar 2012, 13:17

Pics: check out other insurance companies. They rely on you just blindly renewing.
Faith 12.12.2007—29.12.2009.
Zoe 19.07.2013.
oriel

Postby skip » 22 Mar 2012, 13:22

That's mad, pics, there must be an alternative, surely.

I've just slammed every door in the house. M has sabotaged yet another of R's naps and is refusing to poo on the toilet. I've left him trouserless in the bathroom and stormed off into the garden with R to have a cry while dh no doubt thinks I'm an awful mother. I don't want to be a parent today.
skip

Postby Pics » 22 Mar 2012, 13:24

There are very few that do sling business insurance - i have had brokers on it in the past. I am asking on natural Mamas too - but you know when everything seems to be conspiring against you in one area and you think maybe someone is trying to tell you something?

((((((((((((((((((((Skip)))))))))))))

Can you give him a bowl of water and some cups and jugs just to give yourself a break?
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
Pics

Postby TwinklinGDecorations » 22 Mar 2012, 14:20

((((((((((((((SKIP))))))))))))))) Go for a walk to the shops with the promise of buying him something nice (banana chips, yoghurt raisins, biscuits, a banana). It'll make you all feel better.

TGD wants to say thank you for filling my lunch hour in which I cannot leave the building or it would have to shut to the public - it was too short to really catch up on everything here but I'll try this evening as I've had a lovely time.
So somehow it happened, my weaners are at school,
I'm still here though and people I'll try to fool,
with tales of advice giving and of wanting to know
But really here's the only place I ever want to go.
TwinklinGDecorations

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 22 Mar 2012, 14:24

Skip do what TDG says: go out for a walk.

SN got dh to choose the Wompat so it's almost like its his idea. Poor man is so easily duped.
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” - Franklin P. Jones
Seriously_Nutty

Postby Pics » 22 Mar 2012, 14:28

S_N - that's great!
Pics

Postby KateGladTidings » 22 Mar 2012, 17:54

((((((((((((Skip))))))))))))) we've all had days like that xx
Mother to R, June 2009, and E, May 2012

http://londonwithatoddler.com

Twitter: @LondonWAToddler
KateGladTidings

Postby issi » 22 Mar 2012, 17:59

Oh Skip, I so understand the nap sabotage fury! I have really shouted at Snarfy for it before :( x
DS born March 2009. DS2 born October 2011.
issi

Postby RachelS » 22 Mar 2012, 22:00

Has just found myself crying at the programme with John Bishop doing his Paris to Lobdon triathlon. Oh and finding him rather attractive!
Aspiring yummy mummy but managing to be a slummy mummy to 2 gorgeous boys.
DS1 11/08/06
DS2 14/09/09
RachelS

Postby fourweewonders » 22 Mar 2012, 22:51

Is getting increasingly blotchy, eventully i will become one huge blotch. my body is failing me at every oppertunity.

Oh and nurseydad as usual has pissed off to bed leaving me to deal with the babies.
Fourweewonders formerly know as nurseymum

Mum to B (b.sept 2006) & E (b.sept 2009) and R & A (b.july 2011).
fourweewonders

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 22 Mar 2012, 23:57

((((Skip))))

I have unceremoniously dumped Dylan in his cotbed on more than one occasion ( :oops: :oops: ) when I've been trying to get Isaac to have a nap and Dylan's just been standing at the bedroom door pretending be a lion or a train or an aeroplane or a donkey. It's incredibly frustrating.. one of the things that's guaranteed to get me riled up is nap-sabotage. It's hard enough getting Isaac to sleep when it's quiet, let alone when there's a lion at the bedroom door! I hope tomorrow is better for you, Mama xxxx
Mummy to the Ragamuffin since 01/07/09 and the Small Boy since 30/07/11 ♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby BLTMama » 23 Mar 2012, 02:47

ARGH poop in the tub again?!? This child has launched so many submarines I'm surprised NATO hasn't contacted us.

(((Skip, Nurseymum and all who need them)))
♥ Mom to Badger Dec 2009 and Little Tarsier Jun 2013 ♥
BLTMama

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts