My Uncensored Facebook Status Update - March

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: My Uncensored Facebook Status Update - March

Postby shye » 24 Mar 2012, 23:30

Nori wrote:Jees, Kindle's are dangerous. I've hardly even been on here for a week!
Also, does anyone else get that thing when you read so much of the time that the little time you don't spend reading you keep a constant narrative up in your mind? I'm sure it wouldn't be so irritating if it didn't point out how supremely dull things are most of the time!

Yes! Mid book, it's all still going on in my mind.
Mummy to E (nov 08) and Birdy (dec 10)
shye

Postby Eli » 25 Mar 2012, 07:38

Yes I do that, is why I have been reading exclusively fantasy recently because I badly needed the escape, I have reread most of my favourites (except for the 3 which are hiding from me and annoying me greatly!)

Eli- hopes Munchkin will get better soon, docs think its urinary tract infection, possibly spreading to kidneys, shes on antibiotics and has to be bribed to drink, though they aren't sure if they are the right ABs and we won't know til mon or maybe tues! Though the OOH GP was .very impressed we brought a sample with us (I used the pot the midwives gave me as I knew they'd need them and its hard to get her to wee on demand when she is well, nigh on impossible in a strange place!) Hate seeing her so pathetic and I have stuff I have to finish today. Thankfully DH is off (though half shift tonight) so hopefully she can be persuaded to cling to him! Mr Man very exuberant which isn't helping.
Eli

Postby camper » 25 Mar 2012, 09:44

Hope Munchkin's better soon and your day turns out ok, Eli.
camper

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 25 Mar 2012, 18:51

Completely pointless but

SN is writing this from her new IPAD :D :D while the new dishwasher does the dishes (clearly I comfort shop rather than eat!) It's an ipad2 not 'the new iPad' so I saved money really...... <skates on thin ice>
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” - Franklin P. Jones
Seriously_Nutty

Postby ToothFairy » 25 Mar 2012, 19:26

Woo hoo SN :D I love my iPad, and my dishwasher. Where have you managed to fit a dishwasher in?
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Seriously_Nutty » 25 Mar 2012, 19:29

ToothFairy wrote:Woo hoo SN :D I love my iPad, and my dishwasher. Where have you managed to fit a dishwasher in?

Where the double nipper has always lived.... now the nipper is a bit of a nomad? Eeek
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” - Franklin P. Jones
Seriously_Nutty

Postby ToothFairy » 25 Mar 2012, 19:34

Soon enough you won't need the nipper, but the dishwasher will still be useful!
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby Riotproof » 25 Mar 2012, 22:16

What's a nipper?

But definitely... woo hooo!

Rp's DH is home sick with manflu. Though I think he's rethinking it now.. perhaps he'd get more rest at work.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 26 Mar 2012, 08:37

S_N, I also now need to know what a nipper is?!

DIM.. feels a bit crap after a conversation with her Granny. I phoned to tell her the date of Isaac's Christening and she started telling me how glad she is that I've 'started slimming again'. Apparently she was talking to my Aunt the other day about how concerned she is about how overweight I've become. Gee, thanks, you tactless old bat. :?
Mummy to Monkey Face since 01/07/09, Small since 30/07/11, and The Bean since 13/06/2015♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 26 Mar 2012, 09:42

I'm intrigued by the nipper too.

Poor DIM. I reckon old people are just obsessed with other peoples' weight because they have too much time on their hands. MIL always asks DH how much he weighs, implying it is too much (he has a good belly). But then every time we see her she plies us with cake, biscuits and various other junk as well as trying to feed us cake and sandwiches after a 3 course lunch. I don't think she will ever get the irony.
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 26 Mar 2012, 10:29

Crumpetsmum wrote:Poor DIM. I reckon old people are just obsessed with other peoples' weight because they have too much time on their hands. MIL always asks DH how much he weighs, implying it is too much (he has a good belly). But then every time we see her she plies us with cake, biscuits and various other junk as well as trying to feed us cake and sandwiches after a 3 course lunch. I don't think she will ever get the irony.

This! Do we have the same MIL? I also want to say "you're not exactly a waif yourself are you? Maybe you should do something about that before criticising other people." but I don't.

I think nipper = pushchair. But I could be wrong.
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby ToothFairy » 26 Mar 2012, 10:46

The nipper is a double pushchair which used to live in the corner of S_N's kitchen but has now been made homeless by the new dishwasher!

DIM - how rude!!!
ToothFairy

Postby ches » 26 Mar 2012, 10:57

DIM was it maybe her tactless way of supporting you?
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Efficient_Edna » 26 Mar 2012, 12:00

Never posted here before but just needed somewhere to whinge. Flat out with flu and feeling like such a useless mummy. My beautiful girls are bored witless and I just feel like they deserve more than this. Trying to tell myself I'll make it up to them when I'm better but I've lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel. I really want to ask for some help from family/friends but for some reason feel unable to do so. Too proud? Embarrassed at the state of my house? Concern that we don't spread the germs to others? Not sure.
Brilliant A born Jan '10.
Bouncing L born Sep '11.
Efficient_Edna

Postby Fozza » 26 Mar 2012, 12:15

EE do not worry...Children don't get bored....They get creative. Leave them with toys/drawing stuff. You sit on the sofa. Mess can wait til you're better.
Mum to
3 boys on earth...my light
Owen and Luna in heaven...My forever babies.
Fozza

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts