The extras

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Postby bella » 01 Sep 2007, 14:44

I definitely haven't got disable html ticked but none of my quoting or anything is working properly? I am a bit of a simpleton though...
bella

Postby Aitch » 01 Sep 2007, 15:01

no, i think there are a few things we need to iron out. you couldn't do me a favour and email tech at babyledweaning do co dot uk and tell him, could you? then he can have a fiddle about with your account when he gets a minute. :)
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby *helen.a.* » 02 Sep 2007, 18:59

I like a small amount of someones personality to show on the tickers sigs etc but have seen them go overboard (I would of course never be guilty of such a crime ;)) Agree though that on a couple of forums I frequent there is usually an option to not see signatures/avators, in fact I think this site has one too, Ill go look angain though to be sure.........

Ok I looked and you dont currently have that option ooopsie, ignore the blonde..........
*helen.a.*

Postby TinkerbellesMum » 02 Sep 2007, 22:01

I've got always allow HTML and I'm not seeing italics etc.

I get what people are saying about the distraction, but I don't find that with one simple ticker with no photos (that's what avatars and photobucket are for!), nothing that moves and definitely no glitter(!) are not that bad. I think it is a little bit of personalisation (avatar, simple ticker) to distinguish one persons posts from another and to add a little bit of personality into it (it's a bit like a forum version of an accent lol)
TinkerbellesMum

Postby Aitch » 02 Sep 2007, 22:06

i think that's the problem, though, tink. once you allow them on a site you can't control what people do, so we just have to take a decision and stick to it. anyway, it's not relevant just at the moment, we're still trying to work out what all this BBCode business is. that's why the italics aren't working at the moment, it's switched off, but we'll keep everyone posted. :)
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby TinkerbellesMum » 02 Sep 2007, 22:23

Is there a way to limit characters? It's been so long since I had one of these I can't remember.

You can write it into the rules and tell people off if they do something they shouldn't do. But I get your points. The triple posts and bugs after posts are more important.
TinkerbellesMum

Postby realsLINshady » 04 Sep 2007, 12:22

I'm firmly in the anti-mcguffness camp. I can't be doing with all that twirly nonsense on forums - I HATE scrolling through pages of twinkly, flowery, twittery hoo-ha.

(Stumps off, muttering under breath, to be grumpy and puritanical in a dark corner)
realsLINshady

Postby AB&M » 04 Sep 2007, 12:41

Are the reminder emails something you've switched off? I'm watching topics but not getting anything - will probably all arrive when I go out!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts