Baby nick-names

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Baby nick-names

Postby Bigpud » 10 Sep 2007, 18:50

Like Pudding, Babybear etc. I know this is to protect our privacy, and it's pretty cute, but.....

Am I the only one out there who is still called baby names by her mother? I'm 37, and still get called Pickle and Henny-Penny by my oh so embarassing mummy! It's not as mortifying as it was when I was a goth teenager though. :scream
Bigpud

Postby urbandryad » 10 Sep 2007, 19:08

BabyUrban gets called all sorts at home, bless him. And will probably still called Mumma's Little Soldier when he's 30! :scream my dad occasionally calls me Pinky (don't ask) :oops:
urbandryad

Postby bella » 10 Sep 2007, 19:11

I feel a bit :cry cos I never had a baby name that I can remember
bella

Postby TinkerbellesMum » 10 Sep 2007, 19:23

I curse the day the Americans sent a certain cartoon our way - I'm sure many Claire's do!

Tink answers to quite a number of names (as listed in a previous thread), I dread to think how many will last!
TinkerbellesMum

Postby Nutmeg » 10 Sep 2007, 21:13

I am still called by my screen name here (nutmeg) as well as my email address name (meglet) by many independent people.

Thankfully my mother gave up calling me chopped liver and Meggie-Sue (a la the song, Peggie Sue)... before I went to junior highschool.

The bubs is also called Buddy by me, because before he actually arrived, he was my constant companion and buddy.
Nutmeg

Postby ruecaterine » 11 Sep 2007, 20:05

I'm still Poppy to all but work colleagues after being called Poppet in the hospital when I was born, which got shortened quite quickly.

Luckily I like it, as I'm 31 so it doesn't look like its going away (and thanks to Jamie Oliver people recognise it as a 'real' name now). Maybe it should have been my username, but don't know how to change things like that.
ruecaterine

Postby Marie77 » 13 Sep 2007, 09:47

Dad always calls me by my second name and ever has done so - Christine - so when he uses my full name I know Im in trouble lol.

My oldest is my Mausbaer (mouse bear) and I call the little one Songbird, as he makes happy noises all the time :D
Marie
Mummy to Nicholas and Daniel

www.marie-harris.com www.myspace/mariechristineharris
Marie77

Postby AB&M » 16 Sep 2007, 15:51

bella73 wrote:I feel a bit :cry cos I never had a baby name that I can remember

Join the club Bella. I was always Claire and I don't think I even had a nickname at school apart from my surname as there were far too many Claires in class! That is why Bruno does have a few nicknames as I think its cute & kinda cool. He's monster or sometimes monsterboy :D
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby supernim » 16 Sep 2007, 15:57

My parents never really had any nicknames for me, but my DH (Joe) still gets called Bonze or Joe-pog by his mum (teehee!)

Lily has all sorts of nicknames - Lilybug, smaaaaal chimp and bugglyboo are the most frequently used though.
Erm..... Fairly new mum with 7 month old who has been doing BLW - just moving out of London to Godalming area. Not sure what I am supposed to be writing here lol!
supernim

Return to Random Thoughts