Umbrella buggy in Sussex/Kent?

Slings, buggies, carseats, cars, bike, trailers and Shanks' pony - however you and your baby are getting around, discuss it here. (Sling addicts ahoy!)

Umbrella buggy in Sussex/Kent?

Postby LucyLastic » 25 Feb 2016, 22:19

Well, the title pretty much covers it, really. We're going to Copenhagen for a few days next week, but it has occurred to me that C is a lazy little tike and won't want to walk come the afternoon. I can't carry her and OH will get annoyed in about six minutes if he has to carry her on his shoulders. We only have the Mutsy which is way too massive to take on the plane, so, despite it being a desperately long shot, I figured I'd ask if any of you have an umbrella buggy we could please borrow for the week. I can pick up this weekend and return the following, as long as it's relatively local. I could buy one for about £30 but I don't think it would get delivered in time. Me and my crappy organisation :-(
Anyway, thanks in advance for reading.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: Umbrella buggy in Sussex/Kent?

Postby sabrina fair » 27 Feb 2016, 09:47

Sorry, we're nowhere near you, but have you got a sling library near you? We have a toddler Tula (a large buckle carrier - there are plenty of other brands) which monkeyboy goes into on my or his dad's back when he gets tired. It's like giving a piggy back but with much more support. You might be able to borrow one at short notice and then cobbled streets/steps etc wouldn't be an issue.

Apologies if you've already considered that option!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby LucyLastic » 27 Feb 2016, 11:51

I hadn't considered a sling. It never really occurred to me that you could use them for older littlies. We had a Baby Bjorn carrier when C was teeny but that was really mostly for H as it still gave me back ache. I've just seen them online to rent, but I don't think it would get here in time as we're off on Monday. Good idea, though, thank you. But I think I'm going to have to buy a flipping pushchair :?
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby LucyLastic » 27 Feb 2016, 12:32

So, I am a derrbrain. I hadn't actually called Ryanair to ask if I could take my Mutsy pushchair, I just assumed, for some reason, that you coul donly take an umbrella style pushchair free of charge. Turns out not to be the case. As long as it collapses in one piece, then it's fine. Apparently. Wait for the rant when I get back... :wink:
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby mamapup » 27 Feb 2016, 20:08

I hadn't seen this before or I'd have said to check w airline! We have taken various buggies on various cheap airlines and it's always been fine.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Return to Baby-Led Transport