recommend me a ssc please

Slings, buggies, carseats, cars, bike, trailers and Shanks' pony - however you and your baby are getting around, discuss it here. (Sling addicts ahoy!)

Re: recommend me a ssc please

Postby mamapup » 19 Jul 2015, 16:04

Postage, I guess, as it's just sitting around here. People tend to want an ergo or a manduka so no one local has wanted to buy it. Actually, I think it's the favourite brand in Germany. My mum bought it for us when the puppy was born because it's the closest she had to us when we were babies and she loved it and apparently so did we.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Lily » 19 Jul 2015, 17:16

It depends so much on your body shape, and your baby's shape. I'm quite slight, and both my kids are long and skinny; the Manduca works really well for us as it has an extendable back section and the shoulder straps aren't too widely spaced. I think Ergo is comfier for broader shoulders and chests (adults and kids).

I also love my mei tai but you need to be more confident tying it, because it's so flexible, whereas with a buckle carrier all the decisions have already been made for you.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby CaelaCoo » 19 Jul 2015, 18:18

I'm a very small person if that helps. 5ft 3 and a uk size 6..
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Previous

Return to Baby-Led Transport