i have a sling!

Slings, buggies, carseats, cars, bike, trailers and Shanks' pony - however you and your baby are getting around, discuss it here. (Sling addicts ahoy!)

i have a sling!

Postby CaelaCoo » 09 Apr 2015, 10:05

After discussing with the health visitor about not being able to put baby c down,d of nagging like most people did saying i had nursed him too much, she actually reccommended a sling. After i said I couldnt afford one and ideally needed to try them first and was unable to get to the sling library (its an hours bus ride away) she told me that they hire them out at £5 for 3 months.

She came round today with it and its a kari-me.

The difference between this and the silly chico buckle carrier I had 2 years ago is amazing. The weight feels so different and I felt it was much more secure.

Baby c fell asleep in it within 2-3 mins.

I'm a convert!
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Re: i have a sling!

Postby pirate_han » 09 Apr 2015, 12:08

Yay Baby C! Welcome to your new addiction CC :)
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby DandelionFrosting » 09 Apr 2015, 12:14

Yay! Yay for understanding, sling-loaning HVs and yay for comfort and sleeping baby! Long may it last.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby emzit » 09 Apr 2015, 12:45

Hurrah! i don't know how people cope with two without baby wearing. I don't know how I coped with one without baby wearing!
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Marrow » 09 Apr 2015, 18:41

I was incredibly fortunate to get my Kari-me (my first sling) as part of a huge bundle of hundreds of pounds worth of baby stuff free from someone on our road, via Freegle. Love it lots - glad you are getting on with it too!
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby FestiveTidings » 10 Apr 2015, 10:35

CaelaCoo wrote:After discussing with the health visitor about not being able to put baby c down,d of nagging like most people did saying i had nursed him too much, she actually reccommended a sling. After i said I couldnt afford one and ideally needed to try them first and was unable to get to the sling library (its an hours bus ride away) she told me that they hire them out at £5 for 3 months.

She came round today with it and its a kari-me.

The difference between this and the silly chico buckle carrier I had 2 years ago is amazing. The weight feels so different and I felt it was much more secure.

Baby c fell asleep in it within 2-3 mins.

I'm a convert!

Now this is amazing! Glad you got sorted and welcome to the sling club. I love it :)
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Return to Baby-Led Transport