Rs recommendations

Slings, buggies, carseats, cars, bike, trailers and Shanks' pony - however you and your baby are getting around, discuss it here. (Sling addicts ahoy!)

Rs recommendations

Postby t&n's mummy » 28 Jul 2014, 22:34

We had a play with a rs the other week and now I have this voice in my head telling me to get one... I had steered clear as I have troubles with my back but now that n is doing more walking/gets up and down more, I am finding the wrap a bit too faffy. Mainly it is for school run type journeys, fortunately our school run won't be much further than the nursery run, but is a rs what I need? I have no idea, seems a bit easier for the up and down than other options and also could be less bulky than others for the times it sits in the bag waiting to get used..? Any recommendations, n is an average weight, 2 yo toddler, potentially there may be another at some point...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Re: Rs recommendations

Postby emzit » 28 Jul 2014, 22:41

I've got a Sakura Bloom linen RS which I really like a nice and supportive and I've found it easy to use from day 1 even though linen is supposed to be hard to break in. Linen is supposed to be good for toddlers too as not so much stretch. I also have a Pavo Hearts RS which is also great, harder to run through the rings as thicker but also very supportive for squish and anticipating it will be for ages yet. Very pricey though. SB much more reasonably priced.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Violet_Cue » 28 Jul 2014, 23:23

I had a wrop converted, which I love - it was done by sleeping baby productions - she sells them directly made from a wrap as well (but might be pricy shipping overseas).

We have a Beco Soleil (SSC) which I love for the toddler days... he is about 32lbs and 3 1/2 and I can still wear him about.
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby PerpetualMadness » 29 Jul 2014, 05:30

We used a scootababy for those up and down days.
PerpetualMadness

Postby ToothFairy » 29 Jul 2014, 06:52

Pics has some gorgeous ring slings for sale here :D
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby SharkiesMum » 29 Jul 2014, 06:55

What length wrap do you have? I have recently bought a 3 and have been doing a rebozo carry which is basically like a RS but with a slipknot in the place of the rings. It is working really well for quick carries as I leave it tied and just pop it on and off. If you have a short wrap maybe you could try that to see if you would get use out of a RS? Just an idea before you spend money!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby mathsgirl » 29 Jul 2014, 07:59

I had a scootababy with DD1 but used a ring sling with DD2. Once I learnt how to adjust an RS properly then far preferred it to the scootababy. I did have a short wrap which I tried with a slip knot but struggled with it really and much prefer the ease of an RS for adjustment. So yes, I'd recommend an RS! I have a Girasol one and also one made from the end of a wrap someone else had chopped. I'll search out the youtube video I used to learn how to adjust it.
mathsgirl

Postby Pics » 29 Jul 2014, 19:30

Start with what you know you like or dislike. Do you know which rs you tried, as it sounds like you liked it. If you know which type it is, or even what kind of shoulder it had, you can use that to start looking.
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
http://www.slingtastic.com
Pics

Postby t&n's mummy » 31 Jul 2014, 19:10

Thanks all for the advice, I got a ll rainbow and I love it, need more practice but n likes it too!
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Return to Baby-Led Transport