Babywearing Glossary

Slings, buggies, carseats, cars, bike, trailers and Shanks' pony - however you and your baby are getting around, discuss it here. (Sling addicts ahoy!)

Babywearing Glossary

Postby skip » 29 May 2012, 07:50

Thought I'd make this separate from the general FAQ. Please answer/add to this list as you think of things... (I only have a mo this morning, so will just put down all the terms I can think of, I'll come back and edit it with answers latersssss, so please put in your answers in a reply)

Stretchy wrap

Woven wrap

SSC/ABC/Mei Tai

Ring sling

Different weights/lengths of woven wrap - explanation?

Different carries, eg: Front Wrap Cross Carry (FWCC), 'Tibetan style' etc
skip

Re: Babywearing Glossary

Postby AB&M » 29 May 2012, 11:47

The sizes of wraps would be good - eg size 6 = 4.6m.
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Re: Babywearing Glossary

Postby Singale » 29 Dec 2013, 23:47

What's an ABC? Asian/ African/ American Baby Carriers?

How about other carriers like a podaegi/ a pod, onbuhimo, hybrids like close (caboo) carrier, half buckles, other variations of the one shoulder carrier (with buckles like mini monkey, or the pocket/ pouch type like hotsling)

SPOC criteria to make a safe & comfy one? (Maybe a weight limit guidance on different weaves/ blends, if there's such a thing?)

ETA: just realised the date of OP & the only reply it's got... Why would this thread turn up on my list of active thread, then?! :? :?:

EATA: figured out this must've had something to do with the keyhole symbol... Hmmm!
Tigerle's mum since Sept 2010
And now Pferdle's as well since July 2014
Singale

Return to Baby-Led Transport