Camping and Bottle Feeding

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

Camping and Bottle Feeding

Postby Binkie » 08 May 2014, 22:50

When we bought our massive tent and booked our trips I was BF and now I am FF so not sure the best way to approach this on holiday. We will only be going for 3/4 days at a time so what is the best thing to do when camping and bottle feeding?
Binkie

Re: Camping and Bottle Feeding

Postby FestiveTidings » 09 May 2014, 05:13

I BF so probably not the best to advise but I would take a large container and some Milton so I could do some cold water sterilisation. I would also perhaps look into getting the cartons of ready made formula.

If you have an electric hook up then perhaps consider taking along your electric kettle?
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Cofa's Tree » 09 May 2014, 05:58

FestiveTidings wrote:I would take a large container and some Milton so I could do some cold water sterilisation

This is exactly what we did last summer - the bottles smelled really strong of the sterilising tablets (I just used Tesco's own brand) but Daniel didn't seem to be bothered by the smell. I took a washing up bowl with us for sterilising the bottles which was only used for that purpose.

Have fun!
Cofa's Tree

Postby FestiveTidings » 09 May 2014, 07:02

Or you could boil the bottles in a pot to sterilise too. It really all depends on what equipment and facilities you have to hand.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Return to The Great Outdoors