Recommendations please...

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

Recommendations please...

Postby MumtoMonsters » 24 Feb 2014, 16:30

1) A cool box - do they still exist, do people still use them for camping, and are they any good? We used them exclusively when camping when I was young, but our cool bags just weren't up to the job last summer.

2) Chairs - we've got a folding picnic table that's pretty flimsy but does the job. The kids have got a couple of folding chairs, which again are ok, but not marvellous. Are there any comfy(ish) chairs that don't cost a lot but fold up pretty small?

3) Kitchen - I think we'll be able to borrow an old cooker (two hobs and a grill), I guess it'll need to go on a separate table/kitchen stand though?

4) Gadgets - what makes your life easier when camping? I don't think we really have anything other than a dynamo lantern and a tool to pull the pegs out of the ground when it's time to go home.
2008 and 2010
MumtoMonsters

Re: Recommendations please...

Postby blackberrycrimble » 24 Feb 2014, 20:43

1) we have one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Cool-Bo ... s+cool+box it's pretty good although we mostly use it for day trips rather than camping so can't judge on that.
My peas are gone as well as my marbles.
blackberrycrimble

Return to The Great Outdoors