why do I think I need blankets?

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

Re: why do I think I need blankets?

Postby mamapup » 20 Dec 2013, 23:04

blackberrycrimble wrote:Ha! Issi I was worried that you were camping for Christmas!

Me too! Wondered if I was q total wuss for not ever having even considered camping in winter. But then I have trekked in the Himalayas and up machu punchy so know about sleeping where it's cold.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Disco » 20 Dec 2013, 23:09

hahahahaha I was SO impressed at all you winter campers there.. And jealous since I can barely drag my DP out in fine weather.
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby Turtle'sMammy » 21 Dec 2013, 03:01

We went glamping in Big Sur in the October of our first year here. Didn't realize it would be cold it the giant forest...
Mother to T, July 2008 & A, June 2012
http://turtleturtleturtle.wordpress.com/
Turtle'sMammy

Postby scotrail » 21 Dec 2013, 14:28

I camped in snow caves with no blankets (although reindeer skins are genius!). To me, they are a waste of space.. Also they weigh more than they are worth if you are hiking. A good sleeping bag and auto-inflatable sleep mat are what I would bring, the latter can also be used for sitting on. Two layers of wool, a fleece and windproof top layer should keep you warm even if sitting still.
scotrail

Previous

Return to The Great Outdoors