May half term camping

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

Re: May half term camping

Postby Mags » 29 May 2013, 20:01

We had wind and rain to pitch in on Friday, then good weather Saturday, Sunday and Monday (packed away dry - always a good end to a camping trip), but very cold at night. DH decided to make it more challenging by leaving the roof box keys at home - we managed to get our bedding, etc out on Friday, but then had to fit everything into the car on Monday, which was just possible.

DD1 enjoyed herself, and DD2 didn't complain too much, so I think that counts as a success! :D
Mummy to Penelope (Dec 2009) & Cordelia (Mar 2013)
Mags

Postby Rahgamuffin » 03 Jun 2013, 16:06

We had dry Sat/Sun to set up, epic rain & wind Mon-Thurs then bright sunshine Fri/Sat to pack up dry :) New tent is AMAZING in the rain because it has so much space - more free living space than at home, I think ;)

It did become clear that new huge tent + freezer will not fit in our boot, so looking at trailer/roof box options (I sat between the kids for nearly 8 hours traveling, with the tent in the front seat... I'm not a fan of doing that again ;) )
Mum to B (05/08), J (02/11) & L (01/14)
Rahgamuffin

Postby ToothFairy » 03 Jun 2013, 20:04

We had such fun when we went for the bank holiday that we've just booked to go back to the same campsite this weekend :D
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Previous

Return to The Great Outdoors