Mega basic questions

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

Re: Mega basic questions

Postby Agatha'sMama » 01 May 2013, 21:25

We also take her high chair, as others said very handy for trapping her in for short periods! Love the idea of a long rope! We have a dog too, and have one of those screw in the ground post things with a long lead clipped on it for him which does much the same thing. We use to have two dogs, so it's actually got two leads attached to it, and i will admit to entertaining he thought of clipping the spare to A's little life rucksack when we were packing up last year.. Resisted temptation though!
Mama to A - May 2011

back on the forum after being so rudely interrupted by RL for a year
Agatha'sMama

Postby Disco » 01 May 2013, 21:44

busmother wrote: We also (and this may be VERY BAD parenting) had a long rope and tied them to the picnic bench near our pitch so they could wander about but not run completely off while we were pitching the tent and getting things organised. Obviously we could see them at all times so we knew they weren't getting strangled or anything. And in case all that is putting you off, we all really enjoyed it, so go for it!

ROFL seriously. Thats hilarious. I love it. Its just like the 50s when you could do that kind of thing and no one batted an eyelid. :D :D

I wish we had an antilop to take next time, because that would've been very handy when S was wee, and A is even more adventurous than he ever was I'm sure. I might take busmothers lead and tie him to something...
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby Eli » 03 May 2013, 11:57

3rd vote on waterproofs and probably wellies. Even in lovely weather the grass is wet from the dew in the morning!
Eli

Previous

Return to The Great Outdoors