Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk campsite recommendations?

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk campsite recommendations?

Postby gingerbreadhouse » 24 Feb 2013, 20:22

We're looking for something that isn't to far away for a long weekend with friends. Needs to be good for kids - obviously! - and if you can have camp fires that's a bonus.

We stayed at The Orchard in Wickham Market last year, it was fairly good but the (lack of decent) toilets/showers are actually putting us off a bit. Is there anywhere else you'd recommend?

Morlyte - I hope you'll answer! Have you stayed at Tangham? Looks tempting.

Edited to add camp to the title so that you had a rough idea what I was talking about!
Mum to two gorgeous girls and one bouncing baby boy.
gingerbreadhouse

Re: Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk campsite recommendations?

Postby Morlyte » 24 Feb 2013, 21:03

Carlton Meres in saxmundham is nice. It has a pool, clubhouse, showers, loo etc and you can pitch where you like. We will be going there again this year.

Orwell meadows is also nice, in Ipswich (under the bridge almost!). Has a pool, clubhouse, showers etc and lovely walks nearby. We go here a lot with our neighbours and its right on our doorstep lol!

In Norfolk we loved Kelling Heath and also The Wild Duck but the second one is a Haven and a bit Butlinsy.
Morlyte

Re: Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk campsite recommendations?

Postby Morlyte » 24 Feb 2013, 21:06

I've also heard really good things about Tangham in Rendlesham Forest and also another campsite at Thetford Forest which I think is a Caravan and Camping Club site.

ETA: Wrt Tangham, I haven't stayed there but my neighbours used to go there lots and they loved it. Lots for the kids to do apparently but you have to book early afaik a bit like the Orchard. We booked the Orchard this year btw, hoping the loos aren't too bad!!
Morlyte

Return to The Great Outdoors