First camping trip booked!

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

First camping trip booked!

Postby Morlyte » 08 Jan 2013, 21:41

Im a right early bird me this year! I knew I had to get in early before it was booked up, so I emailed The Orchard Campsite in Wickham Market and have booked a pitch for August! Yippee, so excited as we can have campfires and my neighbour is going to try and book up too, so thats the kids entertained! ;)

We'll go with a couple of cheapy Sun £9.50 holidays too, first one hopefully be in Cumbria or Yorkshire (one of my choices was Filey as I have lovely memories as a child!), the second round of cheapy £9.50 hols will no doubt, be in Norfolk. Maybe back to The Wild Duck or Breydon Water.

My neighbour has booked a trip to Mersea, Essex for Easter weekend, not sure if we will go yet as it all depends on the the cheapy £9.50 holiday and when we get the dates.

Whats everyone else planning for the coming year?
Morlyte

Re: First camping trip booked!

Postby gingerbreadhouse » 08 Jan 2013, 21:46

Like! Not sure if we'll go there this year, loved the campfires but we are just not that organised!
Mum to two gorgeous girls and one bouncing baby boy.
gingerbreadhouse

Postby Morlyte » 08 Jan 2013, 21:47

Fullhouse wrote:Like! Not sure if we'll go there this year, loved the campfires but we are just not that organised!

Nor are we normally but we've missed out on that site for the last two years so this year I was determined. :D
Morlyte

Postby DustyMcBrush » 09 Jan 2013, 07:22

ooh exciting! im desperate to go camping this year! we shall prob be going glamping at least for my friends wedding though.

what's the deal with these sun holidays morlyte?
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby Morlyte » 09 Jan 2013, 19:40

Theres a selected list of holiday parks throughout the country and some Euro countries, you collect 10 tokens from The Sun, (I understand that this is a huge put off for some but my Step Dad buys it so I dont have to. ;) ), choose 5 parks and 5 dates, send off your payment of £9.50 per person (min. 4 people all ages) and wait to see what holiday you get. Each park has a service charge (although some do have free service charge) which is added on to the bill and you have the option of upgrading to a luxury or luxury plus caravan, extras such as bedding included, entertainment passes (again some parks have them for free) and a couple of other things which I cant remember!

Anyway, last year we went to a Haven site in Norfolk, stayed in a caravan which was less than a year old, had free swimming on site but were also close enough to lots of things to do outside the park. We went on May Bank Holiday weekend (Fri - Mon) and it cost us around £70 for the 4 days, but we upgraded to a luxury plus van and stayed at a site with quite a high service charge (the majority of them are £5). There is also the option of camping I think and some sites have chalets rather than caravans.

We had so much fun and could never have got a caravan holiday for that price anywhere else!
Morlyte

Postby salj1980 » 09 Jan 2013, 23:15

We are going to http://www.riverdart.co.uk/ for 5 nights in May - it looks freaking awesome and I can't wait! :D
salj1980

Postby skip » 08 Apr 2013, 14:34

Just booked 2 nights in a woodland campsite for M's birthday, he's going to be SOOOOOOO excited! :D
skip

Postby biccytoria » 08 Apr 2013, 14:46

yay! We can't really book anything until we know what DH's job prospects are :( If he gets a job it'll just be camping but we need to work out where. I've got the May half term booked off, and 12 days off work in the middle of August :D
Mum to Aidan, 5th Aug 2007 and Molly, 14th June 2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsbrown/s ... 809350652/
biccytoria

Return to The Great Outdoors