Fab Yurts

Campers, festi-heads, hikers, even spelunkers... all welcome here. No fresh air activity too hearty, no fold-up product too desirable.

Fab Yurts

Postby realsLINshady » 02 Aug 2012, 10:51

http://www.angleseytipis.co.uk/

We stayed in the mid-range Chestnut yurt - next time, I'd splah out on the bigger Mongolian ones. They are huge but warm and on lovely platforms so the kids have somewhere to kick off their shoes.

The site is super kid-friendly. We could let them both wander free (aged 6 & 3) and they ran feral with all the other kids. There are only 5 pitches so its never too crowded and the kids make friends easily.

Its a refreshingly low-key site - everything sort of hand-cobbled together but with a modern shower/loo block at the entrance too.
realsLINshady

Re: Fab Yurts

Postby camper » 02 Aug 2012, 12:03

They look fabulous. We're looking for somewhere to stay with friends in September. I'm not sure if I've gone too soft though and wouldn't be able to cope with the temperatures then! How warm are they. How many duvets would I realistically need to beg/ borrow/ steal?!
camper

Re: Fab Yurts

Postby TravellingMum » 02 Aug 2012, 19:10

Looks quite lovely these yurts, a bit more posh than the yurts where we live! (we live in the part of China where there are nomadic peoples who live in yurts...like not just for a holiday!!)
At least that's one 'cool' experience my kids can have which seems to be 'in' these days!! HA HA!!! :D
Mum to Little Panda and Wee Monkey
TravellingMum

Return to The Great Outdoors