GF/Diabetes-friendly Christmas treats

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Re: GF/Diabetes-friendly Christmas treats

Postby mamapup » 11 Nov 2015, 19:52

I thought that until I was made to try them a few years ago and discovered they are actually delicious.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: GF/Diabetes-friendly Christmas treats

Postby Brigitte » 12 Nov 2015, 05:34

Lily wrote:Also, mushy peas aren't the same thing as overcooked peas! They're made using a type of dried split peas which naturally go mushy when cooked, a bit like lentils in dal.

Interesting! That doesn't sound so bad. However, the Nigella recipe I'm talking about specifically calls for frozen or fresh green peas and says to cook them a few minutes longer than one normally would. Sorry to continue the tangent :)
I love my kiddos! Two April girls (2011 and 2013) and a May boy (2016). I guess we have spring babies in this family.
Brigitte

Previous

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays