Is it too early for Xmas

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Re: Is it too early for Xmas

Postby LucyLastic » 22 Sep 2015, 14:47

Hurrah! Bought it. Even remembered to click on the link up there ^^^ Thanks, p_h. Dragons. Rarrrrrr.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby EnigmaFish » 26 Sep 2015, 19:21

This is a great thread - you've helped me realise it's not too early to start planning for Christmas. I won't get excited yet, but I may as well start looking for gifts. I found a creepy set of cat bookends at a market today. The SIL likes cats and books.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby mamapup » 26 Sep 2015, 19:24

MrC was just mocking me now for organising the shit out of Xmas. I tend to start writing lists at the end of Sept. Why would I want a stress in Dec?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby StJuniper » 26 Sep 2015, 22:15

I like not having stress in December and also spreading out the spending a bit. I already know what I'm getting most of the people on my list...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Riotproof » 26 Sep 2015, 22:23

Nope. I'm starting to freak out about it.

I do not want to buy lego. I'm trying to work out how we're going to tame the wild Lego beast as it is.

And what on earth do I buy a developmentally 9 month old?
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby StJuniper » 27 Sep 2015, 02:06

Riotproof wrote:And what on earth do I buy a developmentally 9 month old?

I believe the correct answer here is 'token present'. She'll neither know nor care that there are better things to get than a board book or a ball.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Treeb » 27 Sep 2015, 02:28

9 month old I'd probably go with things like nesting cups, shape sorter, stacking rings, etc. or a push toy for when she's walking. Or just clothes and things that she needs anyway.

A neighbor who is moving gave us several bags of random toys. Most of it I disappeared from the house but a kept a couple things to save for A's presents (a wooden train with pegs and different shaped pieces that can stack onto it, and a nice teddy bear). Hurray for free presents.

I have way too many ideas of what to get for L, so need to set myself a budget and narrow it down to just the best things.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby mamapup » 27 Sep 2015, 21:59

My kids are really excited because they're getting bunk beds for Xmas. Clever mummy has conned them in to thinking this is a legitimate present rather than an actual necessity given that one is in a cot and one had his bed slightly broken by a silly father the other day.

Oh and they're getting dinosaur cloaks from zulily as I try to wean them both off spider fucking man.

Edited to correct my phone's bad grammar.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby pirate_han » 28 Sep 2015, 12:17

I am feeling festive! Yesterday I got A's main present (Little Tikes Activity Garden) for £30 instead of £50 thanks to an Amazon promo code. I got a bunch of Disney crap, I mean stocking fillers, in Primark and Poundland for B. I made mincemeat and Christmas chutney for the g-rents hampers, and made A do paint footprints to make into snowman Christmas cards.

Need to calm down a bit now :D
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby junglewonderland » 28 Sep 2015, 12:29

Nice work ph! We are listening to a Christmas CD in the car. We will probably get Koala a present (ok, maybe the baby will get something too) and make jam or something for my family but that's about it! We are super excited about advent though. We have a special family thing for the 4 Sundays before Christmas that we all love.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby Riotproof » 28 Sep 2015, 22:48

StJuniper wrote:
Riotproof wrote:And what on earth do I buy a developmentally 9 month old?

I believe the correct answer here is 'token present'. She'll neither know nor care that there are better things to get than a board book or a ball.

Thanks for that. That's not my reindeer is probably winging its way to me as we speak. I may buy something else as well, but the pressure is off.
I still need to work out DS. He loves puzzles, and is already pretty adept at 100pc ones, so, I'm looking for ones that are challenging in a different way.
I'm also thinking the Lego advent calendar might be good. Just because it made it very exciting for him last year.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby EnigmaFish » 02 Oct 2015, 23:11

RP, we have "that's not my snowman", and we're pretty much done with it. If you weren't half a world away I'd send it to you to go with the reindeer one!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby sabrina fair » 03 Oct 2015, 06:21

EnigmaFish wrote:RP, we have "that's not my snowman", and we're pretty much done with it. If you weren't half a world away I'd send it to you to go with the reindeer one!

We're still totally into 'that's not my...' books here and squidge is a year older than newt! But he doesn't have anywhere near as much patience with books as monkeyboy had at the same age.

I'm reluctantly starting to admit that all this Christmas talk may possibly be starting to get me just a little bit looking forward to it all.....or at least the advent activities... love that bit :-D.
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Riotproof » 03 Oct 2015, 10:03

EnigmaFish wrote:RP, we have "that's not my snowman", and we're pretty much done with it. If you weren't half a world away I'd send it to you to go with the reindeer one!

Aww, you are lovely.

ATM, Rowan enjoys reading them to her. We've got truck, monkey, robot, dragon and I think that's it. She loves the attention.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby lizandimo » 11 Oct 2015, 17:56

I have started! Saw the Playmobil advent calendar for 15% off online so I impulse bought it, telling myself that I shall re-use it for the next however many years until DD gets bored of it. I think I'm more excited than she will be, and I'm also not entirely convinced that we will make it through advent without a massive tantrum about wanting to open all the windows at once.
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays