What do I get DD for her 3rd birthday?

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

What do I get DD for her 3rd birthday?

Postby LucyLastic » 28 Mar 2015, 16:09

I am clueless. We will be right in the middle of moving house (ie probably out of this place and into the new place but still in boxes). She doesn't really have a clue about parties, having never been to one, so that's not a problem, but this is the first year she's really got the concept of birthdays and she's really excited about it.
So, what do I get my lovely little poppet? I asked her what she'd like for her birthday and she said 'a card, a cake, presents, balloons. And other stuff'. So that helped enormously.
Any good ideas? I don't want to get her one big thing - she had a k-room for Christmas and loves playing with that, her pots, pans and play food, she has a slide, playmobil fairies, picnic, doctors set, tools, cars, beads, puzzles, books, magnetic toys, happyland stuff, duplo, blocks, a couple of baby dolls, aquadoodle and magnet drawing, lots of colouring stuff, scooter, ride-on.
I'd like to get her several things, so any ideas would be more than welcome :-)

Also, how is it possible that she is going to be THREEE?
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: What do I get DD for her 3rd birthday?

Postby t&n's mummy » 28 Mar 2015, 17:19

N turned 3 last weekend, she wanted a party so we had that today, top gifts included...
Walking kitten toy
Peppy pig phonics computer thingy
Play doh set
Sylvanian families
Orchard toys games (catch and count and where's my cupcake)
Early learning set for making your own hair bands (big hit)
Set of rub on tattoos and child friendly nail varnish

Hope that helps!
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby pirate_han » 28 Mar 2015, 18:58

We got B a bike but it's more for her to grow into. Other gifts were:

Orchard toys games (she loves these)
A lip balm/glitter set
Play dough sets
Books (she's just entered The Poo Phase :scream and we got her one about a mole who has to figure out which animal pooed on his head which she LOVES, and one about a cat who eats too much, gets stuck in his car flap and has to fart to get out, which is equally popular)
Wooden washing machine and ironing board (she loves these at playgroup so thought they'd be a hit)
Disney Princess bath toys

Does your DD have a dolls house? B is really enjoying hers at the moment.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Lily » 28 Mar 2015, 20:24

Izbiz will be 3 in May too. Unbelievable isn't it?! We went to his first ever kids' party today and he was totally overwhelmed and upset by it, so we definitely won't be doing that - plus we will have a tiny baby to factor into the equation too. I think we'll do an aquarium or zoo trip (was it you who pointed us towards the aquarium in Hastings when we were on holiday, LL? We went twice and he's been talking about it ever since!), and a family lunch/dinner at Yo Sushi, as he's obsessed by the conveyor belt.

Our present plans:
Balance bike
Lego - I know it's officially for age 4+ but he loves it at nursery
Jigsaws - he's recently started to love the 'proper' kind with pieces that fit together rather than slotting into shaped holes
Wooden train set
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays