Christmas Family/In-Law Vent Thread 2014

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Re: Christmas Family/In-Law Vent Thread 2014

Postby issi » 22 Dec 2014, 11:52

pimento wrote:where shall I start?!?

With the gin!
DS born March 2009. DS2 born October 2011.
issi

Postby pimento » 22 Dec 2014, 12:00

issi wrote:

With the gin!

Sadly, that's part of the problem! MIL's partner has a drinking problem that no one likes to talk about! Oh well, a covert gin in the toilet never hurt anyone.
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby issi » 22 Dec 2014, 12:10

pimento wrote:
issi wrote:

With the gin!

Sadly, that's part of the problem! MIL's partner has a drinking problem that no one likes to talk about! Oh well, a covert gin in the toilet never hurt anyone.

Oh dear - sorry for the inappropriate suggestion! :oops:
issi

Postby pimento » 22 Dec 2014, 12:12

Please don't apologise! It's only too funny because it's so true!
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby issi » 22 Dec 2014, 12:13

:) Good luck!
issi

Postby yorkshirepudding » 22 Dec 2014, 19:54

There is a good reason why grown up children do not live with their parents! My mum is very helpful really, just aaaargh, does it really matter where each specific present is placed in the room whilst you are deciding which are Moo's bday and which are xmas presents? And no, it's not a good idea to leave his massive unwrapped present in the room, he will open it, surprise surprise.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby EnigmaFish » 23 Dec 2014, 05:55

This isn't really a complaint - well, maybe it is, but how do you tell your stepmother that the mattress she gave you to sleep on is as hard as a medieval rack, and the one the toddler got is light and springy and soft.
It doesn't help that I'm all fluey. DF arrived in yesterday, so he's complaining now, too. Aargh.

Okay, that's not a family-based rant, more a case of me feeling sorry for myself.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby DandelionFrosting » 23 Dec 2014, 13:49

Oh no, EF! Sleep with the toddler? Or straight up kick the toddler out! If they can fall asleep on your back while you cook dinner, they don't need a soft bed!
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby mamapup » 24 Dec 2014, 20:15

Aaargh. At the in laws. Bil and awful, awful girlfriend are awful. Will be back, I'm.sure.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby emzit » 24 Dec 2014, 21:23

Very quickly...

Mum, my not quite 9 month old does not need a chocolate in the stocking you made for him. My 3 year old doesn't need to be directed to eating chocolates at 8.15am (especially when I already let him eat one for breakfast) nor does he need religion pushed onto him in the form of a snow globe with Jesus, Mary and Joseph and a lecture about baby Jesus.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby FestiveTidings » 24 Dec 2014, 22:29

Dear DH,

I went to bed earlyish because I was tired and so were the boys. I don't appreciate you coming to bed jusy after I had fallen asleep, banging about, trying to have a drunken conversation then getting into bed and promptly falling asleep. You've been snoring very loudly for over an hour now. STFU!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby mamapup » 25 Dec 2014, 00:23

Oh dear emzit but happy xmas since you're ahead of us.
Ft, Hope.you got back to sleep.

Well bil hid in look most the afternoon while we looked after kids and cooked. Then his girl friend went for a lie down in the kids' room so little Croc was a.bit stuffed when he needed time out of the mayhem.

Things got better though. Bil actually joined us eventually and, not only got people presents (oh, presents, I didn't know we.do presents, is his usual refrain) but organised a really fun game around them. Annoying girlfriend was less annoying than I remembered.

Only bad bit was.fil shouting and ranting about Phillipinos making bad.coffee (???). Oh and then ranting because he didn't like the book MrC bought him.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 25 Dec 2014, 02:36

Rocking up with a comfy cushion and an enormous chocolate cake! Slice anyone?

Here we are at the in-laws until sunday. Yup - SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'd been here a good 10 minutes when the first shot was fired in my direction - dh's nan saying I'd got fat. Or something - leading to my niece and nephew thinking i was pregnant. I just left the room. Then the "how much chocolate can we stuff down your childrens neck" game started. A chocolate calendar each, a bag of assorted chocolate things each........ i drew the line at the sack of jelly babies.

And then of course we have the MIL. Banging on endlessly about being up since 5.00am, rolling eyes at how much work she's doing, how tired she is, and that she'll be doing it all again tomorrow. WELL YOU WANTED TO DO ALL OF THIS!!! WE SUGGESTEF WE GO OUT TO SAVE ON THE WORK!!!!!!! Moaning at fil about everything he's doing (wrongly, of course ) ....... and then there is the low/medium level racism and bigotry flying around and lots of fucking stupidity.

I also forgot the presents I'd bought for us from my sil and bil, we also forgot to put the mince pie etc out for FC, but the girls didn't notice!

only 3.5 days to go!!!!!! My 5.5 years of sobriety may be in tatters by then!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Treeb » 25 Dec 2014, 02:55

I hear you on the racism/bigotry HF! Had dinner tonight with dh's grandma, aunt, and uncle and much of the conversation seemed to tend in a racist direction. Tomorrow afternoon will be spent with even more of the family, so I'm sure I have more of the same to look forward to.

L will be missing his nap for the Christmas get together tomorrow, which is no one's fault, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with an over tired sugared up toddler all afternoon!

Also :scream at MIL's driving on the way home tonight! It was dark out and snowing a bit, really not that bad, but she just kept saying how she couldn't see in the dark and complaining about the weather, and I seriously thought we might go off the road at a couple points from the way she was swerving around! Dh has agreed to do the driving tomorrow night if it is snowy again.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby EnigmaFish » 25 Dec 2014, 03:06

Well, Christmas Eve with my really crazy mother is nearly over. Hooray. On the positive side, her bed is more comfortable and I'm nearly over the flu now. Tomorrow, we go back to my dad & stepmom, who have the rock-hard bed but mental stability.
I think it's too late to fix the bed issue this trip, since we've been sleeping on it two weeks. Next time, before we come, I'll just ask for the softer bed.

(((()))) to everyone. Remember to have fun even if families are a nightmare!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays