Christmas Family/In-Law Vent Thread 2014

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Re: Christmas Family/In-Law Vent Thread 2014

Postby Treeb » 28 Dec 2014, 02:18

Barely survived a visit from MIL's best friend (who is referred to as "aunt" Debbie.) Had to ask her multiple times to back off from L as she was making him very upset getting in his face with her camera, trying to hug him and pick him up, trying to get him to preform and do specific things. He doesn't know you, leave him alone! She seemed confused about why he was getting upset too so I attempted to explain that he was getting overwhelmed with the attention and doesn't like strangers. Luckily she was only here a couple hours and BIL got out his guitar after dinner which was a nice distraction for everyone.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby pirate_han » 28 Dec 2014, 10:02

Christmas family get-together today (my family). There are lots of us so we tend to rent a room and come together on one day (thank goodness). I am not looking forward to:

- my uncle who has no personal boundaries touching my bump at every possible opportunity :mona and kissing me on the mouth :scream
- my sister moaning and moaning and moaning about her non-existent illnesses
- my sister and BIL sitting on their arses while everyone sets up and tidies up around them (I lost it last year when my lazy BIL allowed my 70yr old mother to hoover around his chair)
- secret santa hell
- everyone winding B up
- the resulting email from my mother describing how exactly B isn't normal for not wanting to talk to/cuddle people she sees once a year

I'll be back! Ha.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby DandelionFrosting » 28 Dec 2014, 12:21

Ooh, Treeb, that's awful! One of those people who can't tell the difference between children and dogs!

Oh no, PH, good luck!

I'm usually pretty thankful for how friendly and normal DH's family is . . . EXCEPT for the drunk uncle who just put Zilla on top of the \%@^<# refrigerator!! :scream :scream Not only was it stupidly dangerous, but that awful top-of-the-refrigerator dust-grease stuff is very difficult to get off of clothing . . . . (Zilla, the traitor, thought it was awesome and is probably going to be demanding to be put up on every refrigerator she sees from now on.)
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 28 Dec 2014, 16:08

Oh blimey. Not good! Hope today goes okay, ph, and you can sit away from uncle and sister.

DF. A refrigerator? Really? Why? Why would anyone do that? ??

We are in our way home. Oh thank the maker!!! Another classic mil moment "X Has put soon much weight on. She's the size of a house. She's so ugly now." Charming!!!!!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 28 Dec 2014, 16:08

Oh blimey. Not good! Hope today goes okay, ph, and you can sit away from uncle and sister.

DF. A refrigerator? Really? Why? Why would anyone do that? ??

We are in our way home. Oh thank the maker!!! Another classic mil moment "X Has put soon much weight on. She's the size of a house. She's so ugly now." Charming!!!!!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby pimento » 28 Dec 2014, 18:29

DH and I haven't spoken since my ILs left yesterday. Enough said.
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Postby pirate_han » 28 Dec 2014, 18:42

Enjoy your peace at home HF! And DF - wtaf? (((pimento)))

Well, my mum had one on her as soon as we arrived, which increased tenfold when I asked if she could please heat some pizza and quiche in her oven while I set up the buffet, despite me asking her if it was OK to get pizza when she demanded I organise the food for 30 people two months ago. She then stood in her kitchen silently fuming watching the pizza cook, refusing when I and one of my sisters offered to relieve her so she could greet the rest of the family as they arrived <rolls eyes>. I had no thanks for organising, collecting, bringing and setting up the buffet for 30 despite being 8m pregnant and ill - she has since calmed and text a thank you but through the party everything I did was wrong. As expected my sister and I did all of the work setting up the food and making drinks while our other two sisters, and everyone else, sat on their arses. My sister was upset because my stepdad told off her son twice for entirely normal 8yr old behaviour, and because our mother felt it appropriate to shout across the room that when she bent over you could see her knickers, so I was trying to calm her. I managed to keep my bump out of the way of my uncle's hands and avoid gross lip kisses, but he did manage to kick a drink all over me when I was sitting on the floor (he is the world's clumsiest man), and he told everyone the name DH and I have planned for baby (thanks Mum for keeping that to yourself) :(
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby Kitcameron » 28 Dec 2014, 21:44

Argh ph, that sounds awful.

(((Pimento, HF, Treeb and DF)))

And (((everyone else who needs them)))
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Previous

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays