More present inspiration please!

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

More present inspiration please!

Postby Kanga » 23 Nov 2014, 17:07

My brother has 3 children as well as 2 teenage step children. We don't usually buy 'proper' presents as it gets too expensive & last year I made them chocolate slabs with their initials on but I a stuck for ideas for this year.

So any ideas of something we can make fairly inexpensively. Probably something edible would be best bet, but a bit different/more special than jus biscuits or something. Did think about bath bombs but not sure the teenage boys would appreciate them!!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Re: More present inspiration please!

Postby pirate_han » 23 Nov 2014, 18:37

Hmm. Personalised Coke bottles? (I ordered these online for a movie hamper I put together). Dry ingredients layered in jars for them to make cookies?
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby fourweewonders » 23 Nov 2014, 21:10

like the cookies in jars but how about diy pizza kit for teenagers with all the non perishable ingredients in a box-just add cheese
Mum to B (b.sept 2006) & E (b.sept 2009) and R & A (b.july 2011).
fourweewonders

Postby Kanga » 24 Nov 2014, 11:05

Love the pizza idea fww. Just found this which I might get for the littlies and put all the ingredients in a box :)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Edward_Croft » 25 Nov 2014, 07:02

Thankfully I'm good at baking (okay, not being very modest here but everyone tells me I'm good at it, so there!) and I enjoy making these small chocolate cupcake brownie pops at home so I take along a box for my sister's kids whenever I go over, birthday or not. We are a big family with lots of kids so the box is licked clean in barely a couple of minutes :wink:

There's this site called prezzybox which has some interesting and out-of-the-box food gift ideas including a 'Make you own chocolate pizza' kit as well as a 'Chocolate first aid kit' and even something called a 'gingerbread house making kit' which can be quite interesting for the younger kids. As far as the teenage kids are concerned, you can never be sure enough what they would like or would not, so anything you choose is practically a gamble! I myself have a teenage nephew and hence the observation. Or you could take them out for a treat (they'll not expect it) and let them eat out at their favorite pizza place for a change. Next week is my daughter's birthday and instead of the usual family dinner gathering at home, we've decided to take the kids out for a movie (around 6 of them) - Penguins of Madagascar is releasing this weekend - and then to their favorite burger joint plus ice-cream afterwards. No mess at home, and they'll probably enjoy it too, age differences notwithstanding.
Edward_Croft

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays