Help me brainstorm my BIL's Christmas gift

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Help me brainstorm my BIL's Christmas gift

Postby StJuniper » 18 Nov 2014, 18:55

So I drew my 13-year-old BIL for our family secret santa, and I want to get him a small toolbox and fill it with 'treasures'. Here is what I have so far, I need help thinking of more things. My budget is $50.

Red toolbox ($20)
-small multi-tool ($3.50)
-vintage coins, stamps (we already have these)
-a starfinder (digital download, $5)
-assortment of geodes, fossils, and gemstones ($10)

What would you include? I've thought of prism, a magic trick, a deck of nice playing cards...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Re: Help me brainstorm my BIL's Christmas gift

Postby Treeb » 19 Nov 2014, 02:52

When I first read this earlier I thought of maybe books - either novels if he is the reading type, or some kind of DIY instruction sort of book to make something cool. Video games also pop into mind for that age range, but that's probably out of budget.

Also just had a link to this pop up on my Pinterest feed, and looks like there might be some ideas to fit your tool box/treasure box theme: http://frugalfun4boys.com/2014/11/17/gi ... -old-boys/
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Re: Help me brainstorm my BIL's Christmas gift

Postby LucyLastic » 19 Nov 2014, 16:19

Packets of seeds, some sort of 'airfix' type kit, magnifying glass, magnets, itunes voucher...
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays