Birthday party food advice...

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Birthday party food advice...

Postby t&n's mummy » 16 Nov 2014, 17:15

It is t's party next weekend, we decided to do it now rather than try to fit it in around Xmas... Anyway, it's at the adventure playground so children will be outside for most of it, there will be quite a few children from school plus younger siblings, start at 3... I am a bit stuck on what to do for food?? Was thinking of going down the snacks rather than a tea route, but then what actually would that be?? Any advice?
Last edited by t&n's mummy on 16 Nov 2014, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Re: Birthday party good advice...

Postby Mummyto1 » 16 Nov 2014, 17:26

We usually do breadsticks, hummus, carrot and cucumber sticks, fresh fruit (easy things like grapes, cut up apple, strawberries etc) cold chipolata sausages, finger sandwiches, boxes of raisins, then the party child gets to choose a few treat things to buy like hula hoops of chocolate fingers. I hate parties where there's loads of junk but equally don't want to be a total scrooge and that selection usually means all the children eat. If we're at home we add homemade pizza, fruit kebabs, yogurts. There's always cake too but usually they've eaten so much we just send the cake home with party bags.
Now proud Mummyto3 little crazies!
Mummyto1

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays