1 year old Christmas/Birthday - 3rd child.

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

1 year old Christmas/Birthday - 3rd child.

Postby Rahgamuffin » 11 Nov 2014, 11:41

Heeeeeeelp! What does L want for Christmas and her birthday (2 weeks after Christmas!)? We have everything... balls, ride on toys, puzzles, books, colours, blocks, stacking cups, duplo, cars, toys, clothes, bedding - we've asked for family things (Annual passes to local places, games etc.) from some people but others want to get her things for just her, and not money (we're saving any money towards climbing frame type thing for all 3).

She doesn't need any more personalised things (She got loads of pictures, teddies etc. when she was born). So far, we've come up with a tea set (but even then, J is more likely to play with it, so might be a better present for him).

Any ideas, oh you of 3 (or more) children?
Mum to B (05/08), J (02/11) & L (01/14)
Rahgamuffin

Re: 1 year old Christmas/Birthday - 3rd child.

Postby robyn » 11 Nov 2014, 11:50

Ida's getting a banging toy-one of those things where they bash the pegs through- from us, no other ideas really. We really don't need more stuff! For her birthday she got lots of cat things (she loves cats) and some nice new vests etc because the hand me downs are getting a bit sad looking. She also got these which are lovely - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonderworld-Woo ... B00005BHUU
Mum to Martha - 17/08/07 Greta - 04/02/11 and Ida - 18/10/13.
http://robynwilsonowen.com
robyn

Postby Lioncub's mama » 11 Nov 2014, 11:57

I have the same problem (even though only second child not third - we still have far too much stuff though as our neighbours (with two slightly older children) dumped all their toys on us when they moved). And E's birthday is just 2 days before christmas.

I like the blocks you linked to Robyn - thanks! I think we might do a big clear out of plastic tat and invest in a few nice wooden things.

E loves Lioncub's toy K-room so I might get some more play food to go with that for him. And we only have indoor suitable ride-ons so we might get him a scuttlebug.

Sorry not much help to you Rah, but lots of sympathy!
Lioncub (P) - August 2011
Baby brother (E) - December 2013
Lioncub's mama

Postby StJuniper » 11 Nov 2014, 12:52

I am asking MIL and my mum to donate babysitting for P for a day (possibly overnight) so I can have one day with just R, to follow his lead with play, do lots of cuddling, nap together, etc. it'll be nice for P and I, too!

Other than that, I have no idea. Books, because in my house there's no such thing as too many. To me, though, buying stuff for a child who doesn't need it and won't notice if it's not there isn't really necessary. So R will probably get a few books from me and some kind of puzzle/problem solving toy from DH, and that will be all from us. I'm sure family will get him stuff but I'm certainly not going to be able to suggest anything...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby pirate_han » 11 Nov 2014, 12:57

Not much help for the original post, but if anyone is looking for wooden toys then Lidl are getting in lots of lovely-looking and cheap wooden toys from 17/11. I'm hoping to grab a set for B's dolls house and some of the wooden food for her k-room. They also have train sets, a toy shop, etc.

ETA link! http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=426
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby mamapup » 11 Nov 2014, 13:18

awesome link, thanks.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 11 Nov 2014, 14:52

Loving that Lidl link, will definitely have to go and buy some play food and possibly some other bits and pieces.

I'm thinking the same thing about my poor second child. I'm going for nursery stuff (wall transfers, curtains, lampshade) and weaning stuff as she'll be six months at the beginning of Dec. she has a wish list on Amazon with a few toys on but there is definitely a big difference in the amount of stuff on Chunker's list and Slinky's list. I sort of see the presents we buy SM as being joint presents as CM will play with them when she's a bit older anyway.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Lioncub's mama » 11 Nov 2014, 20:23

I've just remembered that i had thought about getting E some skittles, as we don't have any and he loves throwing balls! Any recommendations?
Lioncub (P) - August 2011
Baby brother (E) - December 2013
Lioncub's mama

Postby Rahgamuffin » 12 Nov 2014, 06:25

Robyn, those blocks look great, thanks :D

LCM - we have these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BIGJIGS-TOYS-Wo ... B001643BZ0 and they are great (Also good for teething and banging on things!)
Mum to B (05/08), J (02/11) & L (01/14)
Rahgamuffin

Postby Nix » 12 Nov 2014, 06:55

How about clothes? I love getting new outfits for Pippa at christmas and birthdays. We don't buy her many toys either as we had so much already but this year she has shown a huge interest in prams, dolls and Frozen so that has helped us pick some gifts that she will actually play with! January birthdays are so hard! I have no idea what to buy Harvey or Pippa after christmas!
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby Feefielou » 12 Nov 2014, 19:29

We've asked English grandparents for a Trunki to pack Moonbeam's stuff for our visit to Panamanian grandparents two days after her birthday. I'm sure she will then be inappropriately showered in birthday and Christmas gifts over there, in quantities we will be totally incapable of carting back to France! We also have a massive amount of toys here from kind neighbours giving us their hand-me-downs, but mostly she just wants to play with a whisk and the cat. Usually simultaneously.
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Postby StJuniper » 18 Nov 2014, 00:11

Just want to say, I hit on a decent method of finding a toy for R's birthday: let him loose in a (small) toy store and then bought him the toy he most wanted/attempted to get out of the package. Which happened to be a lovely wooden hammer and peg toy, it's all wrapped and waiting in the closet!
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby LucyLastic » 22 Nov 2014, 00:46

In case anyone liked the look of those Wonderworld Wooden Rainbow Sound Blocks that robyn linked to, they're going to be on Amazon's Black Friday Sneak Peek Deals tomorrow (Sat) morning at 11am. No idea what the price will be, but as they're currently at £19, any discount would be welcome, i should imagine. I bought C a Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for £29 earlier this evening and they usually retail for around £70, although the one I got is typically £37 on Amazon, but still a worthwhile saving. Also got a couple of other things with a few quid off. Next week they'll have lightning deals on everyday. I have never been so excited about Christmas in my life (except maybe when I was C's age, but I have no one to ask!) - we're making cotton wool toilet roll tube snowmen tomorrow!
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby mamapup » 22 Nov 2014, 07:15

We have those blocks. I love them and so do both kids.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays