Ideas for DH's birthday

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Ideas for DH's birthday

Postby sabrina fair » 20 Mar 2012, 10:19

Ideas please! I'm getting DH a book that he wants, but I was wondering if there's something that I could make him involving monkeybaby that would be an extra present. I'm thinking monkeybaby's handprints on something....? Thing is, I don't have a great deal of time before his birthday, and I'm busy getting everything sorted for going back to work, and preparing for monkeybaby's birthday party shortly afterwords, so it needs to be something fairly simple.

So...has anyone done anything like this? My creative side appears to be failing me at the moment!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Re: Ideas for DH's birthday

Postby Riotproof » 20 Mar 2012, 10:52

I have seen butterfly canvases made from baby footprints.. like so http://funfamilycrafts.com/butterfly-foot-prints/ I think it would be nicer in a solid colour, but I'm pedantic like that. :D
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Riotproof

Postby BigFlower » 20 Mar 2012, 13:54

Not sure where you are but this place is brilliant:-

http://www.clayart.co.uk/

You can get mugs, plaques, plates etc (range of stuff at all different prices, from about £8 upwards) that you can put baby handprints on. I did one for DH when DD was about 10 months old. It was lovely.
DD - Feb 2010
BigFlower

Postby sabrina fair » 20 Mar 2012, 16:09

Thanks for the ideas. We've got a clay-art cafe place near here, but it takes around a week for them to fire the stuff which'll be too late. I'm tempted to have a go at this:

http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/baby-handprint.html

but I don't know when I'll find time to get the stuff and make it....of course if I spent a bit less time on the forum... ;-)
sabrina fair

Postby Popsie » 20 Mar 2012, 20:59

What about a photo item? Photo mug/ mouse mat etc? Something with the cheeky little face on it?
Proud mummy to my gorgeous girlies
M is 5 and B is 1
Popsie

Postby sabrina fair » 20 Mar 2012, 21:17

Thanks Popsie - fantastic idea....but so good the DH got me a mug with monkeybaby's lovely face on for my birthday! Curse my lovely thoughtful husband and his lovely thoughtful gifts! ;-)
sabrina fair

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays