A family/inlaws relationship-saving vent thread

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Re: A family/inlaws relationship-saving vent thread

Postby Disco » 06 Jan 2012, 09:30

Thats so sad B&M. I hope your DH gives them a good telling.

Hang on in there Passata.

Wow Blossom - 3 months. That will be some feat.

With all of FC's dog business I just remembered a wee episode with MIL over christmas.
Trying to have a conversation with her while she let her dog loudly and enthusiastically lick between all of her toes for about 10 minutes. It was really gross. She just carried on talking as if nothing was happening, I actually had to look away while talking to her and wpork hard not to screw up my face. Eeeew.
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby skip » 07 Jan 2012, 16:36

Wow. Just wow, dc. :?

Most asked question by stupid family members/random people: "does he sleep through the night?" Funnily enough, no, he's 10 weeks old, moron. And I don't expect him too, he's a frickin baby, so don't look at me like I just told you he has a forked tongue and a tail.

Irritated also by dh's aunt today, too, who looked extremely perturbed when M showed her that rather than "lots of lovely sweeties!" In his snack box, he had nuts and apricots. And he was more than happy with them, so go do one you silly old cow.
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby wacky12 » 07 Jan 2012, 17:49

Skip, give M a bag of apricots, no matter how large, and he will try to eat all of them. He loves them as much as he does raisins.

BM, how does Bruno lose out?? He has thoughtless, selfish GP's who don't want to see him, or they would have made an effort to pick a venue that you could go to with him.
wacky12

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 07 Jan 2012, 18:54

Skip, you reminded me about a friend's Aunt at a birthday party we went to in the summer. It was a two year old's birthday party and the cake was a sticky, spongey, sugary, gooey mess. Lovely, but not for my little boy thanks very much! While the cake was being cut I took Dylan to stand at the side of the hall so he was distracted a bit from what was going on. My friend knew that I didn't want Dylan to have any and had actually provided a bowl of dried fruit for him to have instead of the sweets and cake that were there, so she just left us to it. Her Aunt, on the other hand, came over with a bowl containing a big slice of said cake, waved it under Dylan's nose and asked him whether he would like some. I don't think he even really realised she was talking to him but I swiftly interjected and said he wouldn't be having any. She did a proper cat's bum face and said, "Oooooooo-kaaaaaaaay. Poor thing, he doesn't get any cake." I mean, really? He's not exactly throwing himself at you and begging for cake, is he? He obviously doesn't care! Some people are just weird, I think :wink:
Mummy to the Ragamuffin since 01/07/09 and the Small Boy since 30/07/11 ♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby AB&M » 07 Jan 2012, 19:58

wacky12 wrote:
BM, how does Bruno lose out?? He has thoughtless, selfish GP's who don't want to see him, or they would have made an effort to pick a venue that you could go to with him.

He loves to see family & gets so excited. He'll be sad at not seeing them for months on end. I think he writes them off quite quickly as he only ever asks to go see my parents or his cousin but it's a shame they don't seem to want to make much effort but then they always were presents / money not time people.
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby gingerbreadhouse » 07 Jan 2012, 21:08

DC, urghhhh!

12 hours to go. Girls' behaviour not great, we really need to get back to normal life. FIL a useless prat, will come back another day with the story.
Mum to two gorgeous girls and one bouncing baby boy.
gingerbreadhouse

Postby KateGladTidings » 07 Jan 2012, 21:31

((((Passata)))) you've done amazingly!
Mother to R, June 2009, and E, May 2012

http://londonwithatoddler.com

Twitter: @LondonWAToddler
KateGladTidings

Postby blackberrycrimble » 07 Jan 2012, 22:30

Go Passata! You can do it!

And do come and tell us once they've gone. I love a good PIL-bashing (hence this thread).
My peas are gone as well as my marbles.
blackberrycrimble

Postby AB&M » 07 Jan 2012, 22:35

Lol bc dont we all :wink:

Well done Passata - early night & it's over!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby PerpetualMadness » 07 Jan 2012, 23:51

Not long now passata. ((()))
Pumpkin's Mama xx

Pumpkin is 7, Butternut is 3. :-)
PerpetualMadness

Postby wacky12 » 08 Jan 2012, 06:52

Bangers&Mash wrote:
wacky12 wrote:

He loves to see family & gets so excited. He'll be sad at not seeing them for months on end. I think he writes them off quite quickly as he only ever asks to go see my parents or his cousin but it's a shame they don't seem to want to make much effort but then they always were presents / money not time people.

He's not old enough to explain to, but if he's used to "presents not time" from them, it may not seem abnormal to him when he doesn't see them regularly. It's just the way it is, and he's learned not to ask to see them because the answer is so often 'no', or because he knows it upsets you to say no.

It's quite interesting that the things kids are used to as 'normal' aren't always. When I was a kid, I thought it was normal that you got to call your Dad by his first name if you wanted to, then I found out that he was my Dad, but not my older sister's Dad, and that was why they didn't call him Dad. I remember a kid in my Gr. 3 who's Dad was in prison and who thought it weird when he was around (he got out halfway through the year) and had a really hard time adjusting to this 'guy' telling him what to do. He was used to it being his Mum and him.
wacky12

Postby blossom » 08 Jan 2012, 07:32

We're all about to breathe a collective sigh of relief for you passata!
Sugarpie Nov 2007, Twinkletoes May 2011.
blossom

Postby blossom » 08 Jan 2012, 07:38

And b&m I reckon your mil knows what she's done given how she left at Christmas, I hope your dh let's her know how petty and nasty she's being.

And on the same note, I do have to invite pil to little m's christening, don't i? It's one of the reasons I've put it off for so long. I'm only doing a very small one though.
Sugarpie Nov 2007, Twinkletoes May 2011.
blossom

Postby ToothFairy » 08 Jan 2012, 09:30

Have they gone yet Passata?
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby gingerbreadhouse » 08 Jan 2012, 10:03

Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. My house back. Now just need to restore normal life <sigh>.
Mum to two gorgeous girls and one bouncing baby boy.
gingerbreadhouse

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays