Christmas idea for OH's...

Oh look, it's broadly a place to talk about special occasions, party tips and to swap present ideas but let's be perfectly honest, this forum is here because I want to get excited about CHRIIIIIISTMAS from about June onwards.

Re: Christmas idea for OH's...

Postby handstand79 » 20 Nov 2011, 12:26

Well my list has changed! I managed to get tickets on Friday for Coldplay :) My parents are buying me mine for Christmas and I'm getting DH's! He'll be so excited! It's something he's always wanted to do. How on earth am I going to manage to not tell him until June!
handstand79

Postby Splash » 25 Nov 2011, 22:50

Thanks for sharing this fab idea. I love it. So far my ideas are...

Lunch/dinner at a fancy restaurant
Night in with board games
Cinema
Night in building a jigsaw
Bike ride
Make a three course meal from scratch together ( month of honeymoon as it will be romantic)
Day at the races
Camping
Romantic night in with massage oils, candles and chocolates ( month of wedding would be good)
A night looking at the stars ( I will get books and pretend to be interested)

I will sort the order when I find another two to add in. I will print things off to make cards more interesting and will add props eg small star book, oil for massage, ticket for races.
Mum to R (July 2010), A (Dec 2013).
Splash

Postby t&n's mummy » 26 Nov 2011, 13:09

Love this idea, just pondering how one could make it work if we are both in separate countries, which we will be for about 3 months..?
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby BigFlower » 28 Nov 2011, 13:29

Thomas'Mummy wrote:Love this idea, just pondering how one could make it work if we are both in separate countries, which we will be for about 3 months..?

If it helps at all some of mine are not "dates" as such but "treats" e.g. one of mine is a nag free night of Playstationing. Could something like that work for the three months you are apart - e.g. tickets for something that he would love but you wouldn't be so keen on - pack him a little parcel for when he goes away of a film you can't abide?
DD - Feb 2010
BigFlower

Postby salj1980 » 21 Jan 2012, 22:07

Well, just thought I'd give you a quick update on this, OH loved his box of date cards, and we had our first date tonight...a takeaway and a movie! Not especially romantic, and I'm in bed now whilst he's watching tv, but it was nice to have made the time for each other! Next month we're going bowling, I love bowling!

Hope anyone else who did this found it a success too!
Sal - mummy to my Little Man since 25/11/09!
salj1980

Postby Splash » 22 Jan 2012, 09:55

Dp loved the idea and I think he will enjoy the dates to come. Our first one was stargazing which we haven't done yet. He loves looking at the nights sky and knows all the constellations but doesn't seem keen for some reason. He hasn't mentioned it since he opened it :( it is still sitting on his bedside cabinet!

Next month is a massage from each other and I will buy our favourite chocolate to help us relax as well as massage oil so I'm sure that will go down better! :?
Splash

Postby BigFlower » 30 Jan 2012, 13:26

DH loved the idea too (or at least he is a good actor if he was putting it on!). Our first date was just a night in the pub but we haven't made it yet as I got ill for most of Jan so not up to a night out, so we are having a double whammy for Feb (salj1980 our Feb date is bowling too!).
DD - Feb 2010
BigFlower

Postby Splash » 01 Dec 2012, 21:39

Just bringing this up again for anyone who missed it last year.

Although we only managed to do a few of the dates planned, DH has asked me to do it again for him this Christmas. It will beach harder as I don't want to reuse any of last years dates.

If you are thinking of giving your oh a date night each month, what will they be? Needing some inspiration.
Splash

Postby salj1980 » 01 Dec 2012, 21:53

I'm not doing it again this year (I'm knitting him a Doctor Who scarf, in case I have mentioned it enough already!) but I'm really pleased to hear that we weren't the only ones who didn't actually go on all the dates in the end, I've been feeling a bit rubbish about that, we forgot half of them!
Sal - mummy to my Little Man since 25/11/09!
salj1980

Previous

Return to Christmas/Birthdays/High Days and Holidays