Back with a new baby to BLW!

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Back with a new baby to BLW!

Postby GHJingle » 06 Jun 2016, 08:36

Hi Forum peeps,

It's been a long time, but finally I'm back with a new Bub to BLW!

Baby B is now 4 months old and I'm at the point of wondering if I'm doing it all wrong and should he be sleeping better whilst ignoring family comments about at rating solids and moving to formula and Gina Ford schedules to get more sleep. I recall that I tried Gina with our first and it made no difference, she still wakes up at least once a night at the age of 4!!

What's your baby bedtime routine when you have to fit in family supper, and 4 yo bedtime in too? Quite often I'm on my own until 6.30-7 so it's hard to juggle both kids and get B down to sleep early.... How do you do it?

Cheers
A (May 2012), B (Feb 2016)
GHJingle

Re: Back with a new baby to BLW!

Postby Lily » 06 Jun 2016, 08:57

Welcome back!

I think it was around 4 months that Bee started to have a regular bedtime, and I've been doing bedtime for both of mine ever since. My routine looks like this:
6pm - tea for kids (and sometimes adults too)
6.30/6.45ish - upstairs, wash or bath, into pyjamas
Assess who is more tired
If Bee is tired, she gets a feed and bed while Izbiz plays quietly in his room
If Izbiz is tired, he gets a story and bed while she plays on the floor
If both are tired, she gets milk while I read his story
7ish - one of them is safely in bed, then I can finish up with the other one
I'm usually downstairs again around 7.30

It works for us because the baby's naps mean that they're both ready for bed at roughly the same time.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby emzit » 06 Jun 2016, 09:54

Hello again and congrats!

I don't remember what we did but I expect it was me wearing squish while attending to all other things. DH always put muncher to bed but he would be back in time for dinner as we eat pretty late compared to a lot of young families.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Cofa's Tree » 06 Jun 2016, 20:28

Congratulations! We eat about 6pm and I take both kids upstairs at 7pm while my husband tidies up from dinner. We have a story in Daniel's room, say goodnight to him, then I feed Lottie and put her down to sleep (in our bed then transfer her when we come up to bed until she comes back in with us around midnight!). Luckily both kids fall asleep within about 5 mins so I'm usually back downstairs by 7.30pm.
Cofa's Tree

Return to Birth to BLW