What did I do last time?! Totally forgotten everything!!

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

What did I do last time?! Totally forgotten everything!!

Postby Mccark » 30 May 2016, 21:08

Hi! And help!!!

2nd baby is now 6 and a half months and a chunk compared to his brother (who is now 3). I blweened him and it was a breeze but this time I honestly think it's much harder but I am SOOOOOOOOO tired.

He seems interested but not taking on a great deal but happy to play etc but often gets really screechy and shouty not long after food put in front. He has a go and get stuff to his mouth but spits out must of it. Is it frustration do you think? Or teeth (just cut his first two and think more are in the way).

Also, what do I give? Atm I'm giving bits of pear, cucumber, sweet potato, broccoli, avacado, banana etc but I can't recall when I started giving him 'our food' i'e. Spag Bol, casseroles etc. Am I overthinking it or am I ringgit in holding back on stuff like wheat and dairy at this point? He is ebf and we don't have a history or allergies in the family.

Any wisdom is really appreciated!!!!!!
Mccark

Re: What did I do last time?! Totally forgotten everything!!

Postby Lily » 31 May 2016, 13:43

You can go right ahead and give him the same as everyone else, with the obvious exceptions of choking hazards and excessive salt/sugar. His reaction sounds to me like teething and/or tiredness, but it's great that he's picking it up already. Won't be long before he gets the idea!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Return to Birth to BLW