Baby's dribble dyeing clothes blue?!

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Baby's dribble dyeing clothes blue?!

Postby yorkshirepudding » 11 Dec 2015, 20:18

Can you help me work out what's going on? Little E wore a sleep suit today which I had noticed a little grey stain on before, which I didn't understand as she hadn't started eating food then. Her dad got her dressed in it so I didn't notice how much of a stain was on it today, but when I removed her (very dribbly) bib, under it there was a lot of blueish staining on the sleep suit, and on the bib.

She wasn't wearing any blue, neither was I. It's like she'd been eating a blue pen, but her dribble isn't actually blue! She does have a teeny tiny tooth today but not been dribbling any more than other days.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Re: Baby's dribble dyeing clothes blue?!

Postby lizandimo » 12 Dec 2015, 05:57

I have no idea what it is, but I used to notice that if DD was wearing white, her dribble would leave dark grey stains even after washing. I'm no help at all, but you totally just reminded me about this!
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Re: Baby's dribble dyeing clothes blue?!

Postby yorkshirepudding » 12 Dec 2015, 07:21

Ok thanks, it's her only yellow sleep suit and the only one I've noticed it on so maybe it's just some strange reaction, but the bib is (was!) white. Strange!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Return to Birth to BLW