Dummy refuser - tips?

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Dummy refuser - tips?

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 13 May 2015, 13:59

It seems R is not quite the fan of the dummy I had hoped for. I'm persevering with offering as I genuinely see it as an investment in a very useful tool. But I wondered if anyone had any tricks/tips they'd like to share? We don't really need it now; he is super chilled. But I know there will be times when it would be soooo handy - think car journeys, aeroplanes, naps without boobs... So yeah, any advice?
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Re: Dummy refuser - tips?

Postby qbm » 13 May 2015, 14:38

Sounds exactly like I!! First time round R loved the dummy so when she refused we didn't quite know what to do as it can be so useful. I eventually gave up trying, OH persevered slightly longer but as soon as she started teething at about 4 months she decided the dummy was the best thing *ever*.

Not exactly helpful for now but maybe in a couple of months you'll find things change!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 13 May 2015, 14:41

Good to know qbm! That is exactly the time I'm thinking we'll be in need of it! And A was the same too, dummy fiend. Amazing how different they are already
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby qbm » 13 May 2015, 14:56

Mine are so different too! When anyone asks me about I (ah crap, I isn't going to work as a forum initial is it...?!) I feel like I have to follow it up with '...but R never did such and such'.

If I didn't people might think we got an easy ride when we most certainly didn't first time round :D
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Return to Birth to BLW