we're home, I'm hurting, everywhere :(

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

we're home, I'm hurting, everywhere :(

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 25 Mar 2015, 23:46

Just here for a bit of a moan. We're home, which is fab - A I s so excited to have us back and is totally taken with R. But, there's no morphine at home, or an electric bed. And I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the night. My stomach and scar hurts, my boobs hurt, my piles reeeeally hurt. I'm soooooo tired... Bleurgh, just bleurgh... Sorry for the indulgent moan, I've got to put it somewhere or I'll just be constantly in floods
Mum to A, 2010, and R, 2015
nearlymumtobabyfk

Re: we're home, I'm hurting, everywhere :(

Postby Cofa's Tree » 26 Mar 2015, 06:39

:( (((nearlymum))). Hope you managed to get some sleep and today is a little bit better than yesterday x
Cofa's Tree

Postby Nix » 26 Mar 2015, 06:46

Oh you poor thing, hope the night wasn't too bad and you are waking with less pain! Congratulations, glad you are home, you will have to keep on top of the pain meds as best you can. Do you have afterpains or are they not an issue?
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby RedRum » 26 Mar 2015, 06:52

Oh ((((((nm)))))) totally not indulgent. You must be right in the depths of the hormone slump too right? Take it as easy as you can, it will get easier xx
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby RachelS » 26 Mar 2015, 06:55

Hope you managed to get comfortable. It's not self indulgent at all. You have had a lot happen.
Try and take things slowly. Xx
Aspiring yummy mummy but managing to be a slummy mummy to 2 gorgeous boys.
DS1 11/08/06
DS2 14/09/09
RachelS

Postby Daddy'sgirl » 26 Mar 2015, 07:24

((())) I was astounded at how painful my stomach was after my c section. Had never considered it would be so sore. It will get better though. Glad you're home with good times to look forward to. For now, moan as much as you like. (((())))
DD Oct 11
Daddy'sgirl

Postby mamapup » 26 Mar 2015, 10:31

So sorry it hurts. I found the aftermath of the section unexpectedly painful too. Can't imagine how it is having a bigger child demanding attention too though.

Don't do too much. Surprisingly it'll stop hurting pretty soon and you'll feel as.If you can take on the world. I promise you can't! Well, I couldn't and I did try and it did set me back. Please be gentle and take it slowly.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Violet_Cue » 26 Mar 2015, 11:48

Plus, since you laboured first you will have pain of all that - did they give you anything for pain? I had a V, but I found that they had bumped up the frequency of the prescription so that I was to take it well before the last dose wore off, but I wasn't thinking about it until I started to hurt again... keeping on top of it can really help.

If they didn't give you anything (shame!) when do you see your doctor? or can you call and have something prescribed. I was all over leaving with a scrip in hand...
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 26 Mar 2015, 13:01

Hope you are feeling a little more comfortable today. Do you have anything like a ring pad to sit on, ease the pain there?

Take help where it is offered and demand it where it isn't. You need to rest up and take it as easy as possible.

xxx
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby pirate_han » 26 Mar 2015, 13:48

(((nearlymum))) you poor thing. Take it easy x
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 26 Mar 2015, 16:10

Thanks all. Last night wasn't too bad - he was much more settled than I expected and I got a few good hour chunks of sleep. A was up for a few hours tho, so dp is pretty much as tired as me today... Midwife has been, got a fmreferral for tongue tie snip which us fab and shouldn't be any longer than a week. I knew he wasn't matching white right... And I've just got paracetamol and brufen for oian management - I wish I'd mithered for oramorph really. But hey, I know that in a few days I'll be feeling so much better. It's just so hard when doing so little makes you so very exhausted! I hadn't really considered the fact that I'd laboured would be adding to my discomfort. But the midwife said the same... Gotta keep on topof the meds for now I think... On the upside I don't feel too blue, and A is being wonderfully adorable. I'm very lucky, and really do feel it
nearlymumtobabyfk

Postby RedRum » 26 Mar 2015, 17:02

So glad to read a positive update. Hope you manage to get some more rest, and that feeding goes ok while you wait for the TT snip. Don't be afraid to go back for more drugs if you think you need them!
Mama to R (2007) and J (2015)
RedRum

Postby FestiveTidings » 27 Mar 2015, 20:44

Absolutely! Keep on top of your meds and do as little as possible over the next few days (weeks!) make sure you have everything to hand before you sit down (water, snacks, remote, phone, pain meds, nappies, wipes, muslin). I used to keep it all in a box I just moved around with me!

But it will ease a bit. You are still getting the afterpains mixed in with it all (you get them regardless if you laboured or not (I think - I did anyway) but those should ease. Funnily enough I found that lying down "airing" my section wound for half an hour helped. I'm not sure if it was the airing or the fact I was lying down :)

But massive hugs. It fecking hurts!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 27 Mar 2015, 21:43

Ditto keeping up with the painkillers! Take them bang on time, even if you aren't in pain. The faster you get on top of it, the faster you'll get over it. Also, after pains from baby 2 are horrendous! As bad as labour pains! But they will subside soon. Can you take a bath - even a shallow one. It might help relax and give you a bit of a breather away from everything.

Hoping it passes soon for you xxx
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby nearlymumtobabyfk » 28 Mar 2015, 00:06

Thanks everyone. Afterpains are shocking aren't they!? I've found witch hazel is helping the piles, so hopefully they'll ease soon. Dressing came off the wound today so yes, plan to spend some time 'airing'... Tonights fun addition is engorgement, woo. Started feeling shit earlier then noticed my left boob is solid on one side. Feeding has eased it a bit - I wish I had some cabbage tho! A mild temp is common with this right?
nearlymumtobabyfk

Next

Return to Birth to BLW