Baby with cough

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Baby with cough

Postby Kanga » 29 Jan 2015, 07:21

Ds2 has had a cough for a week if not a bit longer. The last couple of nights he's coughed m made himself sick. My gut is saying the gp won't tell me anything I don't know - rest/bf/steam but then he is so young & I'm wondering if I should get him checked over. He's otherwise fine in himself, no temperature, smily, wet & dirty nappies etc.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Re: Baby with cough

Postby pimento » 29 Jan 2015, 08:32

You're right, they probably wouldn't tell you anything you don't already know, but they'll put your mind at ease- at least by listening to his chest, they could tell you whether something more sinister is there. (((hugs)))
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Re: Baby with cough

Postby Violet_Cue » 30 Jan 2015, 12:13

J used to have ear infections but not enough signs of them for us to have picked up on them. Since it seems to be getting worse and not better I would consider having it checked in case there is anything else causing issues... of course it also depends on what you would take as treatment options, as my doctor usually presented the antibiotics as optional and we only used them if the issue was persistent/ or if there was a combo of ears and nose/ throat/ chest involved... we've had the doctor hear J's cough from the waiting room, and then himself be surprised at how clear his chest sounded...
Canadian mom to J - Feb 2011 and L - March 2015
See my face painting at www.facebook.com/create.a.face.nl
Violet_Cue

Return to Birth to BLW