Reduced feeds after starting BLW?

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Reduced feeds after starting BLW?

Postby Luxgilly » 03 Dec 2014, 19:15

Hi

I was just looking for thoughts about my ds.

He turns 6 months old this week, so at the weekend we started weaning. So far he's had carrots, brocolli, parsnip and cucumber. He's definitely got some down as there was evidence in his nappy the following morning, but he's obviously not eating properly yet.

He's breast fed by me and has a bottle of expressed milk at crèche each morning.
He feeds every three hours on average, but today with the dropped feed its more like every 6 hours. This evening he also doesn't seem bothered.

Is this just coincidence, or do you think its linked to the weaning?

Thanks
Luxgilly

Re: Reduced feeds after starting BLW?

Postby norisalad » 27 Jan 2015, 12:18

It is so good I am. I know I'm reading a lot of them.
norisalad

Re: Reduced feeds after starting BLW?

Postby Feefielou » 27 Jan 2015, 16:51

Hmmm, looks like we have a spammer in our midst.

As for the dropped feed, I'd say if you only started this past weekend then that's likely just co-incidence. Or perhaps your son is in a brief state of surprise or interest in this exciting new thing that's happening, and it's momentarily distracted him from wanting that feed. More than likely you won't see any real impact on the amount of milk he takes for quite some time yet. But definitely don't be worried about an occasional six hour gap at this stage-- he'll let you know if he's not ok with that.

Enjoy the journey!
Brit living in France/Switzerland, Mum to Moonbeam born December 2013, Lentil born August 2015.
Feefielou

Return to Birth to BLW