Puking 3 week old

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Puking 3 week old

Postby sabrina fair » 05 Sep 2013, 15:26

Squidge isn't a sicky baby at all, but has puked up proper amounts of milk today. The first at 11.30 - pretty much everything that was in his tummy I think (I was holding him a bit funnily at the time because I was trying to squirt BM into his gunky eye (!) so I put it down to that). He kept down the feed he had at about 2ish, but then puked again about half an hour after a feed just now, not as much as the first time, but more than he normally would. He doesn't seem unwell apart from that - sleepy, but he's 3 weeks old - they're all sleepy! I've just spoken to the Dr and she says to look out for a rash, change in breathing, not weeing or pooing, temperature, etc.

Has anyone else had this kind of sporadic puking in a very little baby? If he was older, I probably wouldn't even think twice about it, but because he's so young I'm obviously more paranoid than usual!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Re: Puking 3 week old

Postby mamapup » 05 Sep 2013, 16:54

Yes! We did, every now and again the puppy would vomit all the milk in the world. He did it a few times pre weaning and a few around the weaning. We were told it was just over eating as babies have no idea when to stop. I know this doesn't fit with blw ethos but it made sense at the time. Also the puppy would do it if i fed him just after a proper crying fit.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby welovepresents » 05 Sep 2013, 18:05

My ds puked 2 or 3 times aged 4 weeks during the day then got a temperature and tummy bug . I ended up in a and e because drs said at that age you can't be too careful. I hope your little one is okay . Sorry typing one handed !
Mother to squeezy little girl born Dec 2010 and now little DS born May 2013
welovepresents

Postby sabrina fair » 05 Sep 2013, 19:34

Thanks guys! I'm really hoping that it's similar to MP's situation rather than a tummy bug. He's been pretty fussy this afternoon/evening but (so far) hasn't been sick again. Although if he does, it'll be the mother of all pukes given how much he's been feeding! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tonight...I could really live without us all puking for the next few days.
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby cns_jmsmom1 » 07 Sep 2013, 03:33

Is LO upset/ cranky after spit up? Acid reflux? My friend went through that with hers and final her LO was put on Zyrtec and the spit up stopped....
cns_jmsmom1

Return to Birth to BLW