Birth to BLW Status - April

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Birth to BLW Status - April

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 01 Apr 2012, 20:07

Get well soon Skip, that sounds rubbish.

By Jove i think the boy has got it! The MW said wake him if he goes past 3 hours between feeds, just while he's a bit yellow. I've woken him for each feed but then he's had about an hour at each one, decent latch and loads of swallowing. Oh, and two poos and I think the yellow is going to be gone by tomorrow! Yay!

Oh, and a question... Is it weird that my hands tingle when I'm BFing?
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Re: Birth to BLW Status - April

Postby AB&M » 01 Apr 2012, 21:14

Good news on the yellow :D

Had a great evening in front telly with DH some biscuits & my needles. Just like old times :D only 1 resettle for kitten - please let it not be a fluke!!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby VanillaPickle » 02 Apr 2012, 22:06

Re: hands tingling - watch the position of your shoulders while feeding.

Holy Crap! Tiddler is 5 months old which means we might be starting BLW again in a month or so. How..... how..... just how exactly did this happen?????
♥ Handmade & crochet items & gifts - CraftsByFenella ♥
★ currently available via https://www.facebook.com/CraftsByFenella
VanillaPickle

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 03 Apr 2012, 14:27

Bean has been heel prick tested for various scary diseases and has been weighed. 4.18kg which is 5% weight loss. Well within 10% allowed. All good :-)

Oh, and can I get a whoop for me please? We are on day 5, TheWriggler was in hospital with jaundice and dehydration from day 4. I'm still BFing and it's going well. This is a big milestone for me. :bsmile
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby FlossiesMum » 03 Apr 2012, 14:40

Yay, Rosie - that's great news. 11 days here and discharged from midwives yesterday
Greenwich & Lewisham Sling Library - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. http://www.facebook.com/greenwichlewishamslings
FlossiesMum

Postby sparkling » 03 Apr 2012, 14:53

Yay Rosie, must feel good :D

All good here, except that Bell didn't let me go to sleep until gone 1 last night, all windy culminating in a big poo... Thank goodness Jiglet usually entertains herself I'm the mornings and I can catch up a bit then.

I had a phone call this morning saying we've got a place for baby massage after the holidays, has been tricky as the one at my local children's centre is when I have.both girls so no good, luckily another fairly local centre has sessions on a nursery day. And I'll be able to do bf group too, looking forward to doing some stuff with just Bell.
Jiglet, Mar'09 & Bell, Jan'12
sparkling

Postby skip » 03 Apr 2012, 15:05

I know VP, it's all a bit :scream We'll be kicked off this thread shortly!

Yay for discharged, thriving, happy new babies! :D :D :D

R is teething like a beast. Just bought him an amber teething necklace as M's old one is broken. Very short naps today and it's showing. :?
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby KateGladTidings » 03 Apr 2012, 15:46

wow rosie that's ace news! we'll forgive you for copying and pasting from fbook ;). so glad bfing is going well!
Mother to R, June 2009, and E, May 2012

http://londonwithatoddler.com

Twitter: @LondonWAToddler
KateGladTidings

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 03 Apr 2012, 17:20

Kate wrote:wow rosie that's ace news! we'll forgive you for copying and pasting from fbook ;). so glad bfing is going well!

He he. That was a copy/paste from a text to my mum originally! Why reinvent the wheel? :wink:
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby PicNic » 03 Apr 2012, 18:17

Love hearing happy news about babies doing well!

We'd been a bit worried about dd because of diarrhoea type nappies without obvious cause and the doctor wanted her weighing more frequently so no weight loss is missed. been for a weighing today and all is good! She's so happy and healthy looking it was all a bit strange. Keeping an eye on things but feeling relieved it's not affecting her weight gain! The nappy situation has improved too thank goodness!!
Very proud mummy of our adventurous little man 09/09 and our cheeky little lady 11/11
PicNic

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 04 Apr 2012, 12:40

Glad she's ok PicNic. These little ones can be a worry!

Bean is being a worry. Two vomits in 24h is a little disturbing. The first one I didn't worry about, I have heard the story about my parents taking me home and me projectile vomiting across the room enough times to know that babies do that. After the second time I left a message for the MW and called the 24h number. The woman said "that's fine" and practically hung up on me! Good job I'm not a neurotic first time mum, eh? :?

Oh, and if he's really getting what he threw up from a ten minute feed then I'm very impressed!
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby sparkling » 04 Apr 2012, 12:49

These babies do like making us worry don't they... Bell also has times when she vomits lots, but otherwise seems fine. And still seems to be putting on masses of weight despite the vomiting and seeming to feed far less than Jiglet, must just be very efficient!

Boo to teething, I'm not looking forward to that one :(
Jiglet, Mar'09 & Bell, Jan'12
sparkling

Postby mathsgirl » 04 Apr 2012, 14:36

Rosie, I know what you mean about worrying babies. DD2 has had periods of big sicks too. The first five days were very sicky which I think was related to swallowing mucous during the birth. On day one we rushed her to the GP after a sicky choke incident. Today actually she's done two big sicks again... But I think it was my fault as I didn't wind her properly before putting her down. I keep forgetting about the winding thing.
Mum to two March babes -- DD1 (2009) and DD2 (2012)
mathsgirl

Postby catkin » 04 Apr 2012, 16:17

Yay to bf success rtr! So pleased for you.
And sorry to hear about those worrying babies. I think half the worries with me have been because hamster is just. so. different to her big brother. I actually caught myself worrying because she was sleeping too long at one point :D She's been asleep for over 2 hours this afternoon - mouse didn't nap that long until after he'd learned to walk! She's another one for throwing up ridiculous amounts. Seriously, where do they keep it all? But at least it's not too often with hamster. Again, the opposite of big brother, he would sick up a little every feed.
I had an I'm-not-coping day with two yesterday. Somehow I managed to get where I was ignoring hamster, and still not managing to do anything constructive with mouse :( Glad it's a bank hol on Friday, so next duo day is next Tues. Must be more organised and get them out further than the playground at the end of the road. I'm so spoiled not having to look after them both alone often, but perhaps this is making it harder for us to settle into it too.
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Postby ches » 04 Apr 2012, 16:21

OMG the inhumanity of the nappies. :scream I think its time for me to graduate from this board.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Next

Return to Birth to BLW