Birth to BLW status updates - February

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Re: Birth to BLW status updates - February

Postby AB&M » 01 Mar 2012, 08:15

We found it great with Bruno has he wanted to play sat up. Kitten has sat in it a few times but not liked it. Will try again now she's interested in a few toys.
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby skip » 01 Mar 2012, 09:09

Mine was a handmedown freebie - I don't think I'd have bought one otherwise. They don't have a very long window of use unless you have a very sedentary baby! Some people swear by the bumbo and tray for a handy weaning seat though.
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby WishingBone » 01 Mar 2012, 11:34

Agree the bumbo's a bit of a White elephant. Bear got out of it straight away cos we bought it when she was 6m or so. Smudge goes in it a bit now at 4m
but already arches like she wants out. As Skip says, some babies must like it. A friend put her 4m in one to spoon in the baby rice and the baby was ok with it, but she was so porked out on Hungry Milk that I think she was wedged in!
Bemused parent to the Bear (2009) and Smudge (2011).
WishingBone

Postby AB&M » 01 Mar 2012, 12:37

WTBAB LOL!!

Given is a wee thing really but her thunder thighs (she's definitely got some of my genes :wink: ) get stuck even now!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Previous

Return to Birth to BLW