A Breastfeeding support thread

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Re: A Breastfeeding support thread

Postby junglewonderland » 22 Aug 2015, 13:26

Yp, I used to express before feeds just to get the crazy "fire hose" let down pass so junglebaby could feed at a more reasonable pace. I froze the milk which came in handy later. But a muslin sounds like a good idea, lots less faffing. And I would keep him upright in the baby carrier (ergo baby) which seemed to squeeze the burps out of him. Sometimes I would keep a basket full of washing to fold in the middle of the night after a feed so I could so something useful while I was settling him in the baby carrier!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby yorkshirepudding » 22 Aug 2015, 22:12

That's a great idea jw, especially as I am snowed under with washing/ new baby clothes and not enough storage, I have lots to sort! E is quite good at coming off when it's too much and letting me express but I should probably do it more beforehand, I worry about her screaming for food too much and waking up Moo and Fil!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Treeb » 19 Feb 2016, 12:03

I can't win, can I? Finally had a "good" night of sleep from A with only two wake ups, so of course course my reward is that I've woken this morning with a painfully engorged breast and milk leaked all over the bed.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 19 Feb 2016, 13:31

Nope, you can't. I've only ever not fed CM before bed twice, once as a trial run and once a couple of weeks later when dh and I went to a ball and left MIL in charge of bath and bedtime (mwa ha ha haaaa) Both times I knew about it by morning.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby yorkshirepudding » 30 Mar 2016, 19:57

Gah, I'm not liking feeding E at the moment. During the day is ok but bedtime is driving me nuts, I get so angry with her pinching fingers, pulling off with teeth, constant need to suck until just when I get a let down then coming off, or just suck suck sucking for comfort. It's odd, I thought I was all about letting them do what they need to do, she will cut down gradually etc, but I just want her off me at that time! And have mad expectations of her settling herself and actually sleeping in her cot, not draped on me. Poor thing has yet another tooth just through and is snotty again but I find it hard to remember that when I just want her to sleep.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby ches » 31 Mar 2016, 02:40

Is there any way her daddy can do bedtime and her not feed then? Or could you do ibuprofen 30 min before bedtime to get rid of the teething woes? I nursed both of mine to 33 mo, and had to kick them both off TBF - so I'd say the former if you're in for the short haul, and the latter if you're in for the long haul. (I did the latter, because it was easier.)
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Kitcameron » 31 Mar 2016, 07:02

Is she old enough to understand she can only have x many feeds before you put them away and she goes to bed. That's what I do with CM otherwise she just faffs about and swaps and changes sides etc but I suspect E is probably a bit little for that. It's hard when you're getting tired too.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby yorkshirepudding » 31 Mar 2016, 15:43

I definitely need to get daddy involved as with moo he never was because we both thought he needed me, until we tried it (he was nearly 2 I think!) and he was fine with it. But she's very much a mummy's girl when she's tired, will need to think if we can juggle things round a bit with getting both in bed. In for the long haul, think moo would still be bf if I could have stood it when I was pg!
yorkshirepudding

Previous

Return to Birth to BLW