Breast feeding to solif

Second babies? Forgotten everything about breast and formula, napping and wrapping and you are are going a bit MAD because you haven't slept in three days? Or it's your first baby and you are here researching the joys of weaning?

Breast feeding to solif

Postby MommyMia » 02 Jan 2017, 05:55

Baby is 4 months old (I'm a first time mom) and I was wondering when should I start BLW? And will I still have to breast feed? Or can I just go from breast to food at 6months?
MommyMia

Re: Breast feeding to solif

Postby Treeb » 06 Jan 2017, 04:34

Please take a look at the "getting started" tab up top for some good beginner info, and consider getting the BLW book to really learn and prepare for it.

Most babies are ready for solid foods at around six months old, some are ready a bit sooner. (They need to have strong sitting muscles and ability to learn forward to spit out food to prevent choking, be showing interest in foods, and have the coordination to grab food and bring it to their mouth.)

BLW is all about learning, and it is generally a rather slow start to eating solid foods. Milk (either breast milk or formula) will continue to be their main source of nutrition until they are at least a year old, with solid foods consumption slowly increasing over time.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Return to Birth to BLW