Getting Healthy 2016

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2016

Postby StJuniper » 28 May 2016, 15:15

I've been waiting so long to get myself back! Symptom of the pregnancy being accidental, maybe, and also knowing its my last ever, I'm super eager.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 28 May 2016, 20:33

LucyLastic wrote:Seeing as you're now green, HF, you should probably change your moniker for a few days to HappyFootAndUnhappyFoot. Or UnhappyFeet. Or MildlyIrkedFeet.

PMSL :D
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 29 May 2016, 19:49

Totally stationary couple of days! Didn't even get involved in the challenge as I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere near my step goal.

Hopefully, I will be all over again tomorrow! Foot is generally fine (occasional twinge) but I'm such an "all or bugger all" kind of a person, I've spent the last few days sat around eating chocolate and cake. Not good.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Kitcameron » 30 May 2016, 06:29

Fast day today and everything's off routine today as BH but DH is determined to stick to it but we have no bananas which is my go to breakfast for 100 calories and if we're out, which I think we will be, I won't be able to have my soup so I don't know quite how today is going to go.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 31 May 2016, 21:59

LucyLastic wrote:Seeing as you're now green, HF, you should probably change your moniker for a few days to HappyFootAndUnhappyFoot. Or UnhappyFeet. Or MildlyIrkedFeet.

Mwah ha ha haaaaaa!!!!!

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 08 Jun 2016, 08:33

UnhappyRightFoot has unofficially (ie, has done so with the assistance of Dr Google) self diagnose Plantar Faciitis. Basically, inflammation of the ligament which runs from the heel to the toes. It's been fine for several days and was going to go to tap last night, but yesterday, it fired up for no reason at all!!! Really painful! So I sat down with my computer and we thrashed it out together!! It all fits.

So, some exercises, some rest, some orthontic insoles, some ice and - this is where I need you all - some good vibes and hopefully, it won't last too long. Though starting training is going to be tricky as it doesn't usually flare up until after exercising - by which time it's too late!! So the "diet" (not sitting on the sofa stuffing my face with chocolate every evening has also gone out the window! I suspect that 3.5 lb's has found its way home but I'm too scared to get on the scales and confirm!

Hope everyone is doing better!

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Cofa's Tree » 08 Jun 2016, 09:17

Hope it does clear up quickly...but like I mentioned on Fitbit, mine took a couple of months to go :( .

My progress has halted - stuck around the 10st 12lbs mark. I could easily slide into staying here - I'm a comfortable size 12 and look ok in all the new clothes I've bought...but I'm still not at a 'healthy' bmi and I can put lbs so easily if I let my guard down that I really need to lose that extra stone so I can go up and down a little bit and still be within that 'healthy' range. Seem to have lost my motivation though!

Anyone got any success stories to inspire me?
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kitcameron » 08 Jun 2016, 13:07

Aww CF you've done so smashingly well, don't loose your mojo now. You're my inspiration.

And HF I'm sorry to hear about the PF? Is there any kind of exercise you can do that won't aggravate it?

Well, I put on weight last week so not a happy bunny, not much but hadn't lost much to start with. And whilst my emphasis is on reducing belly flab not exactly loosing weight, I think loosing weight would help. I need to do more exercise though and I'm finding that had, mostly in the finding time to do it. One of our local gyms seems to have a good offer on ATM of £17 a month which includes all spa facilities and classes but you have to sign up for 2 years and last time I did that I stopped going after about 6 months.

I'm also struggling with some health issues. Several years ago I was diagnosed with hypermobility when referred to biomechanics about my flat feet, which are apparently not flat after all, they are hypermobilie along with several other joints and muscles. I get tired quite quickly doing exercise, I get various degrees of pain depending what I've been doing. Last night really struggling after giving the living room and playroom a good going over. Since AF returned after having CM I've continued to get SPD type pains at the beginning if each period and I've put that down to my hypermobility but dr thinks I may have endometriosis. She's referring me to gynae about that and rheumatology about hypermobility. Anyway, all of this combined makes exercise in an evening difficult as I'm so wiped by then and often struggling with pain too. In some ways I'm my own worst enemy because I can deal with that sort of pain and don't like taking painkillers unless really necessary. Headache type pain is a completely different matter and I give in to painkillers really easily with that.

Once CM starts nursery in Sept I'm hoping to get a bit of time during the day to start exercising a bit more and maybe I'll join a gym then. However, I'm also hoping to get more on top of housework then too and I'm not sure the two go hand in hand lol. I suppose at some point I should also factor in returning to work but I have no idea what I'll do there.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Cofa's Tree » 08 Jun 2016, 19:45

Sounds tough Kc - maybe just concentrate on what you can achieve right now and set a stronger focus in the Autumn?

Thank you, thank you, thank you to this place for existing. Having put my previous post down into words, it once again has kickstarted my motivation...so now I'm here, watching an hour's worth of Lose Weight for Love, walking on the spot the whole time! Up to 14,500 steps so far...
Cofa's Tree

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 08 Jun 2016, 19:55

Wow KC - that's a lot going on. If you are diagnosed with endo and need to chat, then you know where I am! Had it for years and gone through many treatments!!!

As CT suggested, focus on what you can do - whether that is maintenance of where you are now or achieving your step goal each day.

Gym sounds tempting! Perhaps sign up for a class to ensure you go?

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Cofa's Tree » 08 Jun 2016, 20:17

ETA 20,000 achieved!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kanga » 09 Jun 2016, 18:08

Well that's inspired me ct. walking on the spot & some butt kicks thrown in. I have a stepper but can never be bothered to get it out but there's no excuse for not walking on the spot!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby EnigmaFish » 09 Jun 2016, 20:48

KC, do you have stairs in your house that you could do two or three extra trips a day on? That would be a really easy, obtainable goal to start with.
MapMyWalk tells me that my housecleaning burns major calories, by the way, so you can definitely fit in cleaning and exercising. :wink:
I'm still trying to fall in love with my new FitBit. (If anyone has a FitBit and we're not FitBit Friends yet, we should be.) Maybe I got it at the wrong time: I just started a new working schedule, and every time I go out with the girls I take them in the bike trailer. The FitBit doesn't seem to acknowledge the amount of work I'm doing cycling and pulling a 40kg load! My steps are really low each day pq I don't do much actual walking at the moment. I am really competitive and I want to win the challenges, but I don't know how to get the steps in.
Does anyone know how it measures steps? If I do something like walking in place, is there something specific I need to be doing? Swinging my arms? Singing the national anthem? Eating a cake?
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby StJuniper » 09 Jun 2016, 21:19

EnigmaFish wrote:Does anyone know how it measures steps? If I do something like walking in place, is there something specific I need to be doing? Swinging my arms? Singing the national anthem? Eating a cake?

All of the above. I don't know anything about the FitBit, but all of the above.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby emzit » 09 Jun 2016, 22:11

It tracks motion so it will be arm movement I think. I use a Polar watch now so not 100% on how it works but my old Garmin tracker was arm movement and it would only catch up after 5 or so steps. No cycling counted at all. :(
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre