Getting Healthy 2016

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2016

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 18 May 2016, 19:20

Kitcameron wrote:Excellent HF. Whats a virtual 5k? That sounds like something I could do lol.

Ha ha!!! Not THAT virtual. It's a "run it when/where you like" as long as it's 5K, in 1 go and in June. So I figured it would give me a good training run 2 weeks prior to race for life! I've joined Run Mummy Run on Facebook. Everyone is lovely and supportive, no matter what level you are. I found it there! You can do a chosen distance from 1 Mile to a half marathon. You just submit your stats at the end.

I'm sitting on my hands and not venturing towards the kettle/chocolate cupboard. ARGH!!! Don't drink. Don't smoke. Now no chocolate/cake. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

A friend of mine does the 2 starvation days from lunch to lunch. That way, you can have a decent lunch, then small dinner, breakfast then lunch, then a really good dinner to look forward to. Don't know if that is "allowed" (whoever makes up these rules) but she says it still works. Well done on doing it though!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Cofa's Tree » 18 May 2016, 19:38

Well done HF, farewell to those lost pounds! My step goal's 10k per day. I just replied on our challenge thread, but I have to put a bit of effort in to achieve that on non-rebounding days!

I don't think I could do the 5:2 Kc, but know a few colleagues it really worked for so admire you if you find a way to make it work for you. Keep going!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Kitcameron » 19 May 2016, 05:56

I ate 599 calories lol. I found a box of mini smarties and worked out calorie count over smartie so I could eat 8 lol.

Woke up feeling really dizzy though this morning. Probably a combination of fast day, it being only 5.15am and AF being in town. AF being really weird ATM though which I'm putting down to having some rogue cervix cells, well womb cells really that had escaped through my cervix, cauterised a fortnight ago. Everything's been all acky down there since then but AF is coming and going for a couple of days at a time. Very annoying. Oh well, four good eating dats ahead of me. DH decided we needed bacon and egg sarnies for brekkie so I've already eaten most of my fast day calories lol. Only problem is, I can't save fast days on MLP because it tells me to bugger off until I've eaten some more lol.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Cofa's Tree » 19 May 2016, 07:06

Hmmm, that doesn't sound good Kc, do you need any more recovery time before embarking on a new regime? Out of interest, how many calories are you aiming for on non-fasting days?

In today's CT news, I've done it! Next mini goal met (although not 'official' until I do my weekly weigh in on Monday) - I am now in the 10 stones (10st 13lbs) :D :D :D . I was in the 13 stones when I started in December and have lost 2 and a half stone in five months. 10st 6lbs is the next mini target as that's the top of the 'healthy' bmi category, and 10 stone exactly is my ultimate stopping point so I have that 6lbs flex still within the healthy range. Weight and size is obviously completely individual, and there may be people out there who consider 10stone to be too big, but having been a size 18 for certainly the past few years, to currently be able to fit into a few size 12 items is just incredible. Can't quite believe I'm actually in the 10 stones!!!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Marrow » 19 May 2016, 07:40

Look after yourself, KC. I'm another who couldn't do 5:2 - I need to stick to a relatively constant target each day otherwise it all goes wrong.

And yay! CT. How exciting!

HF - have you considered coming to join us (ToothFairy, emzit, qbm) on Strava?
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 19 May 2016, 08:09

WOW CT - That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!!!!! I love our ticker showing your weight loss - I think I may have to pinch that idea!!

Unfortunately I have a rather sedentary day ahead of me today. Cake painting practice for Munchies Birthday cake. So sat on bum painting icing! Not good for step total. Will have to push just to get to step target let alone wipe Mrs Smuggy Pants off top spot!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Marrow wrote:
HF - have you considered coming to join us (ToothFairy, emzit, qbm) on Strava?

Oh lordy, not more social media to keep up with.....!!!! Will go and have a look..................... :D
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby emzit » 19 May 2016, 09:01

qbm wrote:
emzit wrote:Yay for cycling qbm! I love it. I miss cycling to work. Went out on Sunday for a 20km MTB ride with a mate and it was great. So beautiful and so nice to be outside enjoying life.

I saw that! I was majorly impressed. Did you see my comment...?! :)

I am terrified of cycling on roads though so I will have to confine myself to either going east or west along the canal. It does feel good though!

CT, exciting - very motivating!

I did see! Baby steps all good though, you'll build up to it. I hate road cycling too, much prefer mountain biking. I only ride to work because I can do 10km on bike track and only 1.5km on road which isn't too bad. I live in an area popular with road cyclists and the driving I see around them in abysmal.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Kitcameron » 19 May 2016, 18:50

CT that's fantastic.

Thanks for your concern guys, I think I'm fine though. Might put two non fasting days between fasting days next week though just to be sure. I have to try and work out my days round various things (like loads of cake baking next week so need the calories for licking the bowl and taste testing as I'm selling a load of them lol.

I actually don't have a specific calorie goal in mind for the non fasting days but MFP has set it st 1660 to loose the weight I want. Obviously that's without taking fast days into account so I'm not trying to stick to it. I guess I'm thinking more like 1800, but I don't usually reach that anyway. Although I'm not sure why as I thought I'd be over eating by quite a bit given I've been putting on weight.

DH has lost 5lbs this week so he's well chuffed but he's also just discovered he has more weight to loose than he thought to get to a healthy BMI.
Kitcameron

Postby Cofa's Tree » 23 May 2016, 06:35

Down to 10st 11lbs today, so that's 5lbs off since last week's weigh in :D . 5lbs to 'healthy' and 11lbs to goal...

Have a happy and healthy Monday everyone!
Cofa's Tree

Postby LucyLastic » 23 May 2016, 10:45

Fantastic, CT - how are you losing 5lbs a week?!!? That's really great progress.
I still can't get back in the right mindset - I'm still eating rubbish food, not getting organised and planning meals and only returned to the gym last Thursday but haven't been back since (evenings are the only opportunity other than Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and I always feel shattered at 6-7pm and the nights when I feel I could muster the energy are always the nights when I'm on bedtime) Excuses after excuses. I do really want to get back on it, as I felt so much better when I was eating properly, I was sleeping better and my knees didn't hurt as much. But somehow, my 'f*ck it reflex' keeps overriding my 'make healthy choices reflex'. How do you get back on the wagon when you've fallen off, sat down and can now only barely see the wagon in the distance? :-/
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby Cofa's Tree » 23 May 2016, 12:30

LucyLastic wrote:Fantastic, CT - how are you losing 5lbs a week?!!? That's really great progress.

I have no idea but I'm going with it! After being on target all week, I had a shocking Saturday because I didn't eat enough on Friday (through circumstance not choice) - absolutely binged at lunchtime - I'm talking a dirty white bread cheese and ham toastie, one and a half bags of crisps, squirting half a can of squirty cream directly into my mouth, custard creams, mini Twirl bar, half a bottle of Prosecco in the evening, 3 white wine and sodas, etc, etc...but then I had a very strict day yesterday and somehow pulled it back!

So no answers here, but can you make one small change to start you off LL? Is there one good habit you can pledge to do for a week?
Cofa's Tree

Postby Marrow » 23 May 2016, 13:12

Bleurgh. I've had a weekend of crap eating (fine, being sociable) but today when I am supposed to be back on the wagon, I've got DH's cold so I've eaten most of a packet of bourbons for lunch.
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Kitcameron » 24 May 2016, 09:24

Don't ŵorry Marron, you probably walk a whole packet off most days anyway.

So, I'm feeling chuffed. Lost 2lb 4 last week and 2lb 2 this week, yey. And yesterday's fast day wasn't too bad and I was ok this morning once I'd had my cuppa, kindly provided by DH. Although I'm not dieting the rest of the week this 5:2 diet has made me think more about how much and what I eat so think I'm eating better on the 5 days too. Still need more exercise though to tone my muffin top.
Kitcameron

Postby LucyLastic » 24 May 2016, 20:45

CT. You lovely, lovely woman. That made me actually LOL. OH is off work tomorrow, so I have decided to have a few glasses of wine this evening, some chocolate and then back on the wagon tomorrow. I have rice cakes, hummus, cucumber amd chilli sauce at the ready!
OH bought 4 hugely reduced half lamb shoulders from Waitrose on Sunday so I have slow roasted them in a kind of vague tandoori style, so that should help for the next couple of dinners (salad with beetroot, lentils, roast veg, etc) and loads left over for the freezer. As OH is off tomorrow, it means I can go to the gym. Marvellous. Sort of!

Also, well done Kc. And frankly, Marrow, they should prescribe bourbons for colds. Hope you feel better really soon x
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 24 May 2016, 20:51

Just been out for Munchie's birthday to the "Cowboy restaurant" (similar to TGI's) and pigged out on ribs, curly fries and the "belly buster". (massive goldfish bowl of a pudding filled with chocolate brownie, smarties, marshmallows, ice cream, chocolate sauce and cream. Not toooooo many calories!)

Sore foot is gradually easing thanks to copious amounts of deep heat and a support strap. I shall hopefully run tomorrow!

CT - WOW!!! Go Girl!!!

KC - Brill! Pleased to hear you were feeling better on your fast day.

LL - I'll be popping round for supper, if that's ok? Except for the beetroot! Still makes me shudder from my school days!!!

UnhappyRightFoot

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre