Getting Healthy 2015

For all ye runners, shredders, dieters and sneaky custard creamers...

Re: Getting Healthy 2015

Postby EnigmaFish » 19 Jun 2015, 23:20

Good luck, KC!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Cofa's Tree » 21 Jun 2015, 09:25

How did you get on Kc? Well done for doing it. My husband's been doing parkrun for about three years now, and it's part of our routine to all go to the park on a Saturday so me and Daniel get some fresh air and play while Steve's running.

Congrats emzit! You've done so well to reach your target :D

Is all the defrosted food eaten now Marron?!

Hope you enjoyed Italy EF...the diet can always restart tomorrow!

We've been away in Cornwall for two weeks, having a few cream teas and chips with a lot of meals when eating out, but also being quite active as we were camping so you always seem to be moving about doing things...weighed myself this morning and I haven't put anything on! 19 weeks pregnant today and still only put two pounds on. Genuinely not trying to lose/maintain weight but I do feel that having lost weight and become more healthy, I've changed inside and I'm in a far better position than when pregnant with Daniel. I'm less inclined to snack on chocolate, or biscuits, and rarely have desserts - they just don't hold the same appeal as when I was bigger, so the treats are the enjoyable exception rather than the norm now.

Well done everyone for keeping this thread going - just think of the collective strength and healthiness we've gained in the last six months!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Marrow » 21 Jun 2015, 10:36

Still eating semi-defrosted food :) It hasn't made me ill yet!
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby Kitcameron » 22 Jun 2015, 18:12

I got a new PB. 2 minutes faster than last week. I ran the first 3.5km this week too, then walked half a Km and ran the last km so definitely did more running. Also had my sights set on a. Purple of women running a bit ahead of me fr the last I'm and was determined to overtake before the finish so really pushed myself. Funnily, my last km was my fastest lol. Feel really good about myself when I've finished. and I didn't feel really stiff and achey at all this week either so think I may be getting fitter lol. Don't know when I'm going to be able t do my mid week run this week as we have to empty the kroom so it can all be ripped out a new one put in (Woopwoop) and I don't think I'll be able to ParkRun this weekend or next either due to kroom stuff, or where I'm going to run whilst at my parents as they live on a massive hill lol.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Marrow » 23 Jun 2015, 20:32

I have given up pretending that I own any well-fitting bras, and just put nearly £300 on my credit card! Ouch! I'm planning to send most of them back, but still.

I am within 1kg of my target weight. I already have a new target in mind for the end of 2015. If I do that, which will mean losing weight slightly less quickly than I have for the last six months, I'll have gone from BMI of 30 to 20 in a year. (I'm quite slight on the inside - not large of nork, small wrists etc - so I think the lower end of healthy BMI is where I should be, really). That's 1/3 of my body weight. Best get saving for more bras, then!

KC, don't stress about one missed week. Look at the longer term - are you habitually doing this stuff?
Marrow

Postby EnigmaFish » 23 Jun 2015, 22:42

Wow, Marron, that's amazing. (Also, good to see the phrase "large of nork" making a return to the forum.)
I walked 8km today. This was not an attempt at getting fit. It was just two trips out with the buggy instead of the car. I love living in a little town again. This morning, Newt and I went to support a lady giving a talk about BLW. Then, in the afternoon, we added Kleintje and went to the beach.
Hooray for good weather and accidental exercise.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Kitcameron » 25 Jun 2015, 21:23

Woopwoop go Marron, that is amazing.

I'm not worried tbh. I've still not decided whether I actually like running or not lol. I like the feeling of accomplishment at the end and I like getting away from everything for half an hour or so but running is hard work lol.
Kitcameron

Postby catie_lou » 30 Jun 2015, 16:47

running is hard work but you feel brill after.

Discovered going for a run at 1pm on the hottest day of the year prob wasn't a good idea
catie_lou

Postby Treeb » 01 Jul 2015, 19:19

Time for me to join back in here I think! My fitness tapered off quite a bit towards the end of my pregnancy, but baby girl is 3 weeks old now and I'm definitely feeling ready to get moving a bit more. Nothing crazy of course, but I do want to start focusing on my step count again and get out for more walks. Hopefully as she settles into more of a routine I will find it easier to make a daily walk happen for me, her, and L. Currently I'm only hitting my step goal (6,000 steps) about half the time, so the main goal is to start reaching that consistently and then add on more from there depending on when I feel ready.

Awesome job to all of you who have been keeping up with your fitness and weightloss goals! I've been reading along and admiring all your hard work even though I haven't posted here in a while.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Nix » 04 Jul 2015, 21:26

Hi all, sorry I have been AWOL, just gave myself a little forum break. I've also been rubbish at eating healthily but I have been active. I'm glad to see lots of people are still enthusiastic! Keep it up ladies!
Very proud mummy to three little stars:

Harvey born January 2009
Jasper born October 2010
Pippa born January 2013
Nix

Postby Cofa's Tree » 11 Aug 2015, 17:32

How's the second half of the year going so far for everyone? I have to say I've not been very active, but I'm doing ok-ish food-wise, mainly because I'm full by the end of the day so can't fit any after-dinner crap in! I've put about 12lbs on at six months pregnant which is ok for my starting weight, and even if I put a pound a week on for the final trimester, I'd still be in the ok range.

Strangely, I'm itching for the Spring to come so I can get back into Getting Healthy and continue my pre-pregnancy progress!
Cofa's Tree

Postby Marrow » 11 Aug 2015, 19:40

Still running (did 5k in 35 mins yesterday). Had a bad month of birthdays etc last month, so not much lost. But still creeping down. Now about 1kg more than I was when we started TTC first time round (when I stopped trying to lose weight).

CT, it sounds like your changes are here to stay!
Marrow

Postby Kitcameron » 12 Aug 2015, 17:52

Great stuff CF and Marron.

I've stopped counting calories and deleted the MFP app from my phone but still trying to eat more healthily. No idea what I weigh now although I suspect I'm going to start increasing again as CM is dropping feeds.

I'm still Park Running as often as possible and can now also run 5km is 35 minutes, something I never previously thought I'd be capable off, so now my target is under 30 minutes, could be a while before I hit that though. I'm down to 33.35 as my PB but I can't keep improving week on week lol. I've made a new friend though, someone who I had a quick chat to during he very first Park Run in our park and who regular runs about the same speed as me but always ends up finishing just ahead of me. She's better at pacing herself I think lol. Anyway, knowing that she always finished ahead of me I decided to stick with her this week and she dragged me round well over a minute faster than my PB, so that's my new tactic lol. We always had a bit of banter going too which is nice.
Kitcameron

Postby Marrow » 17 Sep 2015, 07:55

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

I have officially lost the baby weight :D I now weigh the same as when we started TTC. Not doing the same again (at least not yet), so I can lose a little bit more, I think. Not sure whether I was fitter then or now - I was using a rowing machine, whereas now I'm running. Did my 5k PB of 30:52 (so close!) last week - mostly along towpaths, so pretty flat.

How about everyone else?
Marrow

Postby Kitcameron » 17 Sep 2015, 14:24

Woopwoop Marron, congrats.

I did think I should come and update here at some point, although not much to update atm. Starting to put weight back on now CM has dropped her feeds to about 3 a day so need to watch that, hoping to just decrease portion size a bit because I think we do go overboard a bit.

My current targets are:
- eat more fruit and veg and less meat/carbs
- eat less cake
- run at least once a week
- 56,000 steps per week (or 8000) a day

So far I'm hit and miss with most of them. Haven't been running in ages, partly due to holiday, DH being away, DH doing his back in, so sort of hoping to go this week but I'm also going out for afternoon tea with some friends so I'm not sure I'll be allowed all that time off in one day lol. DH not doing well with his anxiety atm so doesn't like being left alone with the kids much. Definitely eating less cake I think. Usually manage my weekly step count even if not daily and fruit and veg is very hit and miss. I really need to eat more.

How's everyone else doing?
Kitcameron

PreviousNext

Return to The Activity Centre